> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
The Aliko Dangote Foundation in partnership with Mechanical Engineering Industry Association establishes a shared Vocational Skills Training Programme to address the serious deficit in vocational skills required in the manufacturing sector in Nigeria.
These organizations have both been involved in promoting dual track technical and vocational training and education for many years. In addition to that, the enhancement of the Nigerian-German relationship between companies and related institutions is another key matter of importance.
The training centre at the Dangote Academy provides a unique opportunity for an institutionalized get-together and experience exchange.
Beside the partners, Aliko Dangote Foundation and VDMA, different public and private institutions and companies have made significant contributions to the Nigerian-German training initiative.
The establishment of the new training programme including the development of the dual track training courses has been supported by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). This financial support is handled by the GIZ – the German Agency for International Cooperation.
Moreover, many companies have actively supported to the programme by providing:
- Workshop supplies and training equipment such as machinery and sophisticated instrumentation and monitoring systems
- Instructions for trainers – in Germany and in Nigeria
- The offer of internships for trainees
The Aliko Dangote Foundation, VDMA and NWS are very grateful for the tremendous support provided by these institutions and companies.
About The Programme
The newly built-up facility at the Dangote Academy in Obajana provides perfect conditions for technical trainings with modern classrooms, highly-qualified trainers, sophisticated learning tools and state-of-the-art training equipment – mostly provided by German companies. The training centre also functions as a central meeting place and venue for Nigerian and German companies.
The ADF-VDMA partnership aims at first-rate qualification for industrial personnel based on the German model of dual track training. The training programme is designed for the needs of the Nigerian industry and sustained by the expertise of German engineering. It offers vocational training for industrial workers as well as train-the-trainer programmes.The training concept is based on dual-track vocational training which combines theoretical and practical aspects.
This holistic approach reflects the needs of the industry and provides the trainees with a realistic and practice-oriented training addressing all required hard and soft skills. The inclusion of cutting-edge technologies such as the digitalization of industrial value-chains is at the heart of the training programme. Due to the close strong involvement of the Dangote Group and other Nigerian companies the course content is consistently geared to the practical requirements of the local industry.
Trainers of the German training service provider Professional Training Solution GmbH (PTS) ensure a first-rate training programme. They are highly-qualified with long-standing experiences in technical and vocational training worldwide. PTS has been successfully providing its services for international customers for more than 35 years. This company was selected for the Nigerian-German training initiative due to its expertise and excellent reputation. Furthermore, trainers of Dangote Academy have been professionally trained by PTS in order to conduct the courses within the ADF-VDMA Technical Training Programme.
The didactic concept will also comprise the use of NWS’ digital learning platform “Mobile Learning in Smart Factories“ (MLS). It is a tool that enables self-determined and intuitive learning based on practice-oriented tasks. Thereby MLS provides insights into digitalized industrial processes and value-chains.
Advantages Of Training
- Combines Nigerian requirements with German expertise and technology know-how
- Includes theoretical as well as practical modules at companies
- Instructions by Nigerian educators and trainers trained and qualified in collaboration with German companies
- High-standard facilities with modern equipment, learning tools and appropriate accommodation for the trainees
- Benefit from NWS’ long-standing experiences in industry-ready vocational training
- Access to a lively network of Nigerian and German companies
The focus areas of the trainings are mechanics, electronics and mechatronics. Companies or individuals active in these areas are invited to use the new training centre for the qualification of their employees.
The trainings are open to the following groups:
- School leavers and trainees seeking qualification in the occupational fields of mechanics, electronics and mechatronics
- Technical specialists from companies in the manufacturing industry, who seek further training as part of their professional activity
- Instructors who seek empowerment to conduct advanced training and courses
The course programme focusses on three core disciplines:
- Short Courses Mechanical Programme
- Short Courses Electrical Programme
- Full Trade Vocational Training Mechanical Programme
It consists of:
- seven short courses for advanced training which last between 2 and 4 weeks. and
- a 30-months professional, dual full trade vocational training course
Advanced Training – Short Courses
Participation in the Advanced Training Short Courses is open to:
- Technical specialists from companies in the manufacturing industry, who receive further training as part of their professional activity
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
The further training includes specialisation courses for mechanics in the fields of welding and brazing, vulcanisation as well as control technology and maintenance of machines. Industrial mechanics can continue their education in the field of mechanics and assembly.
|Welding and Brazing||• Work on pipes and fittings|
• Production and repair of metal connections using various welding and cutting methods
|Vulcanisation||• Condition check and adjustment of conveyor belts|
• Repair of damaged conveyor belts
|Control Technology and Maintenance of Machines (for foremen)||• Operation and evaluation of control systems|
• Installation of updates
• Maintenance, diagnosis and troubleshooting
|Basics in Mechanics and Assembly||• Commissioning of machines|
• Repair of small- and medium-sized machines
For electricians, specialisation courses are offered in the areas of electrical installations, electrical machines and measurement technology.
|Electrical Installations||• Electrical installation of machines and systems|
• Cabling, checking and commissioning of the systems
|Electrical Machines||• System integration of electrical machines and generators|
• Alignment, synchronization and application of different variants, e.g. Star, triangle, Dahlander, Wendeschütz and Steinmetz
|Measurement Technology||• Knowledge of various electrical measurement methods|
• Recording the characteristics of electronic components
• Troubleshooting in electrical and electronic systems
Dual Vocational Training Full Trade Course
The industrial Mechanical training consists of Basic Engineering, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. The Basic Engineering training will last for 18 months after which exceptional candidates will proceed to the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering training for an additional 12 months.
It comprises various theoretical and practical trainings as well as exposure to industrial work experience in various plants of the Dangote Group and Industry Partners in Nigeria. Additionally, it includes continuous assessment processes and appraisals.
|Industrial Mechanic Training||• Basics|
• Basic Engineering
The training takes place at Dangote Academy, the Dangote Training Centre in Obajana where the partners have built up additional training facilities for the Nigerian-German training project. This state of the art centre is equipped with modern classrooms, computer and technical drawing rooms as well as with electrical, automation, instrumentation and mechanical workshops.
There are also accommodations for the students, a cafeteria and an administrative wing. Modern leisure facilities are in planning and will round off a pleasant stay on the Dangote Academy Campus.
- Admission age bracket: 16–24 years
- Educational background: 5 credits in O’ Level Sciences
- Possession of one of the following certificates: WAEC (SSCE), NABTEB(NTC), NECO (SSCE)
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.