> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
Awele Creative Trust, an annual literary prize valued at ₦50,000 has announced the longlist for the 2020 Short Story Prize.
The Prize rewards a short story of up to 5,000 words by a Nigerian writer aged between 16 and 26. According to a tweet shared by ACT;
Thank you all for your patience as our judges read the entries. This year, we received over 200 submissions. The stories on the longlist impressed the judges with their prose, their style and range of themes.
— Awele Creative Trust (@AweleCreative) February 8, 2021
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
See the full longlist below:
- Haneefah Mofoluwashekemi Bello for “Brown Paper Seamstress”
- Fatima Mohammed for “Murder she Wrote”
- Ephraim N Oji for “Horror’s Many Sounds and Faces”
- Joshua Chizoma for “Their Boy”
- Praise Osawaru for “Home as an Ocean Filled with Storms and Fear”
- Tezor Dedam for “A Sacred Place”
- Azeeza Adeowu for “No Longer Friends”
- Dorcas Akobundu for “Kitchen Chats”
- Inimfon Inyang for “Tabula Rasa”
- Chibuike Ogbonnaya for “A Shattered Woman”
- Simbiat Haroun for “Infinite”
- Prince Briight for “Masquerade”
- Michael Emmanuel for “Farmer’s Boy”
- Chinaza Attamah for “Yellow Sisi”
A shortlist of 5 will be announced in March, and the winner in April. Fingers crossed for those longlisted!
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.