The Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) provide the KAIST International Student Scholarship for International Students willing to conduct the first cycle (undergraduate) studies at the institute in South Korea.
KAIST wants to select students who meet the goal of fostering science talents that contribute to the nation and society.
- Who has the professional nature of science and technology research and curiosity in this area.
- Who have passion and will to challenge new areas of creation
- Who wish to serve society and the country with a high level of consciousness and attitude of collaboration
- Who deeply think about morals and the environment for all humanity
KAIST students hold an undeclared major during their freshman year. At the end of their second semester, students can choose whichever major they want. There is no quota for each department/major.
International students of Korean origin who do not meet one of the eligibilities below should apply through Korean Admissions. KAIST students hold an undeclared major during their freshman year. At the end of their second semester, students can choose whichever major they want. There is no quota for each department/major.
International candidates must meet all of the following requirements: Spring Semester, 2021 (EARLY only)
- Candidates who have graduated or will graduate from his or her high school by February 28th, 2021.
Fall Semester, 2021
- Candidates who have graduated or will graduate from his or her high school by August 31st, 2021.
Applicants with foreign citizenship
- Applicants who hold Korean Citizenship(dual citizenship) are not eligible to apply as foreign students
- International applicants MUST ADDITIONALLY satisfy one of the following two requirements:
- Neither of the applicant’s parents is a Korean citizen, or
- For applicants of Korean Origin, he/she must have received his/her entire elementary, junior high, and high school education outside of Korea at a comparable and equivalent level of that provided in Korea.
- Note that international schools located in Korea are NOT acknowledged as foreign schools.
- Applicants who completed or will have completed high schools in Korea (국내에 거주하는 국내 고교 출신 외국인 학생) are also welcomed to apply to KAIST Undergraduate program.
We do not have transfer program for international students. You have to apply as a freshman student.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The KAIST International Student Scholarship for International Students provides successful applicants with the followings:
- Full tuition fee exemption for 8 semesters;
- Living expenses of 350,000 KRW per month;
- National Health insurance.
KAIST has three application cycles: EARLY, REGULAR, and LATE.
|Application window opens||Sep.1, 2020|
|Deadlines||Application&Documents: Oct. 23, 2020|
|Recommendation Letter: Oct. 30, 2020|
|Admission announcement||Jan. 4, 2021|
|Reply to KAIST||Feb. 7, 2021|
|Academic year begins||Spring 2021||Fall 2021|
|Application window opens||Nov.9, 2020|
|Deadlines||Application&Documents: Jan. 8, 2021|
|Recommendation Letter: Jan. 15, 2021|
|Admission announcement||Mar. 26, 2021|
|Reply to KAIST||May. 15, 2021|
|Academic year begins||Fall 2021|
|Application window opens||Mar.1, 2021|
|Deadlines||Application&Documents: May. 28, 2021|
|Recommendation Letter: May. 31, 2021|
|Admission announcement||Jun. 18, 2021|
|Reply to KAIST||Jul. 10, 2021|
|Academic year begins||Fall 2021|
- Please note that the dates for Admission Announcement are subject to change.
- Submit your completed application and documents by 5:00 p.m.(KST) on the application deadline.
- Interview is NOT required for all applicants. Applicants will be contacted through individual email if an interview is necessary.
- After you pay the application fee, you are not allowed to change your application track (i.e: from Early to Regular or Late).
Online Submission & Platform
- High School Profile
- High school / University Transcript
- English Proficiency Test Report
- Standardized Official Test Score Report
- Passport or National ID Copy
- Statement of Financial Resources
- Honors and Awards (Optional)
Only for International Candidates of Korean Origin
- Certificate of the Facts Concerning the Entry & Exit
- issued by the Korean Immigration office
- Loss of Korean Nationality
PRIZE: Fully Funded
DEADLINE: October 23, 2020
REMINDER: Support Room
For a live chat and support, you can join our Support room.
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
📱 Read Offline with our Web App