The Prof. Gbolahan Elias SAN Essay Contest is organized in honour of his immeasurable contributions to the legal industry. It also aims to inspire young legal minds to explore ways of contributing to the legal industry.
One of the principal objectives of Diverse Law is to equip law undergraduates with the necessary writing skills and to encourage research and advancement of Law,
Entries are hereby invited from All undergraduate law students for the maiden edition of the Prof. Gbolohan Elias, SAN Essay Competition.
The contest is intended to serve as a platform for Nigerian Law students to express their opinions on pressing national issues, and advance workable and sustainable solutions to them.
The topic for the essay is "Taxation of Digital Activities: An Evaluation of the Nigerian Approach in a Global Context"
- Essay is open to only undergraduate Law Students in Nigerian Universities, with valid student ID card;
- Essay must not exceed 1,200 words (excluding references), typed in Times New Roman, 12pt font size and double-spaced;
- Entries must be submitted online in MS Word Format;
- Plagiarism will lead to disqualification of entries; and,
- Co-authored essays will not be accepted, as each entry is required to be written by one person.
- Top 10 Essays will be announced on 5 October 2020
- 1st Prize: N100,000
- 2nd Prize: N70,000
- 3rd Prize: N50,000
- 4th – 10th Prizes: Internship placements at Diverse Law
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons should:
- Follow Diverse Law on Instagram and LinkedIn
- Send submissions and valid student ID cards to email@example.com
For enquiries, you can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.