Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition worth N300,000 is now open for submissions. The competition aims to create a platform for public policy discourse on the socio-economic concerns of Oyo State youths.
A socio-political group, Omituntun Initiative in Diaspora, says the Seyi Makinde annual essay competition it initiated is aimed at empowering the youths who dominate over 70 per cent of the state’s population (NBS, 2016) and prepare them as problem solvers.
This was contained in a statement signed by the OID Spokesperson, Ayotomiwa Adebayo, and made available to newsmen on Sunday in Ibadan.
The group said that the effort was in line with the vision of Gov. Seyi Makinde to empower youths and prepare them as socio-economic problem solvers.
It said that youths as future leaders would be prepared to take the mantle of leadership and propel the state to the next phase of developmental revolution.
You can pick either of the topics below:
- The role of youths in achieving good governance, leadership and development in Oyo state’
- Digital grassroots innovation for sustainable agriculture in Oyo state,’
In order to be eligible to enter for the Competition, applicants must:
- Must be an Undergraduate in any Higher institutions (College of Education, Polytechnics or Universities)
- Must be within the age of 15 – 30
- Must be an indigene of Oyo State or resides in Oyo State
- 1st Prize – 150,000 Naira
- 2nd Prize – 100,000 Naira
- 3rd Prize – 50,000 Naira
- Top 20 Essay finalist will be sponsored for competency development training
- The maximum word count is 1000 words
- Only Winners and finalists would be contacted
- Multiple submissions would result in automatic disqualification
Deadline: 11:59pm, 15th November 2020
How to apply
Candidates are expected to write on one of the topics above and send their entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.