The Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) is a public charitable foundation based in Bristol, Vermont, USA, which has been approved under the United States Internal Revenue Service. You are invited to apply for the WMI Scholars Program application for international students.
This Scholarship is generally granted for the full period of study; however, recipients must maintain good grades, participate in community service and meet WMI deadlines for submitting an official copy of school/course grades, completing the semester report.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI), USA
Scholarships to be taken at: Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI), USA
Scholarships Type: Tuition Award
Scholarships level: Undergraduate & Graduate
Scholarships Worth: Tuition fee and related expenses
Subject Eligibility: Any discipline
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Details of WMI Scholars Program 2021
WMI works to create social change through education and community building by providing bright young people in the developing world with student scholarships and skills training, building a network of grassroots leaders who are catalyzing community transformation. Each year WMI provides support to students as they pursue various educational objectives. Support is provided for post-secondary school (university, polytechnic, trade school). Financial support is primarily to cover tuition and school fees and directly related expenses including books and supplies. The WMI scholarship does not always cover the full cost of tuition and associated educational expenses.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria for WMI Scholars Program 2021
Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the 2021 Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholars Program;
- Applicants must be international students.
- Applicants must be admitted in an undergraduate and graduate degree program.
- Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Is 35 years old or under on August 1, 2021
- Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world
- Is pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma
- Will be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contribute to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country
- Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation
- Has demonstrated his or her commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying
- May have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance.
How to Apply for WMI Scholars Program 2021
There are two ways to apply for this scholarship, is either online, or by mailing in a completed application packet to the office.
For applying online: You will be redirected to a portal where you will be asked to create a free account (username and password), fill out information and upload documents. We strongly suggest that you apply online as it will provide you with the opportunity to save your work and return multiple times. You will also guarantee that your application, once submitted online, will be received and reviewed.
Applicants are required to presents the following documents:
- Clear personal photo
- Essay (topic is stated on application form)
- 2021 application form
- Personal essay statement
- Two recommendation letters
- Official transcript of grades from secondary school
- Official grading key to interpret secondary school grades
- Official transcript of grades from tertiary studies (if applicable)
- Official grading key to interpret tertiary grades
- Official results from your national exam
- Official grading key to interpret scores on your national exam
Note that File format types accepted are: JPG, PNG, GIF, DOC, DOCX, PDF (version 10 or newer). Questions can be directed to email@example.com.