|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
Website United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. It is currently made up of 193 Member States. The mission and work of the United Nations are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter.
Under equality, governance, food production, and more. The UN also provides a forum for its members to express their views in the General Assembly, the Security Council, the Economic and Social Council, and other bodies and committees.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Admin Assistant at United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
Admin / Pharmacist Assistant
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
VMAM Code: NGAR000184-10629
Host Entity: UNRCO
Expected Starting Date: 15 October 2021
Duration: 12 months with possiblity of extension
|APPLY ALSO: Fresh Jobs at Avant Halogen|
- As the project enters into the midterm in which huge procurements are necessary, the NCE unit would like to recruit a procurement officer to assist with the huge procurement that is being anticipated. The Procurement Officer is responsible for the procurement management of the GEF-UNDP Sound Management & Disposal of PCBs in Nigeria project being implemented by the Federal Ministry of Environment, Department of Pollution Control and Environmental Health S/he will provide support to PCB PMU in managing the procurement requirements of works, professional services, and equipments in accordance with the UNDP requirements. The Procurement Officer will work under the direct supervision of, and be accountable to the Team Leader, Nature, Climate Change and Energy Unit.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Within delegated authority and under the guidance of the UN Clinic Health Manager, the incumbent is responsible for the following duties:
- Developing, updating and implementing a mission list for drugs and medical consumables, based on generic drugs produced according the World Health Organization (WHO) standards;
- Develops and maintains a system for ongoing inspections of drug safety in all duty station medical facilities;
- Offers day-to-day advice on pharmaceutical issues including evaluating different antibiotics for impact on the local microbiological situation, and secures that mission personnel do not unnecessarily influence the ecological balance through the use of antibiotics;
- Responsible for advising the UN Clinic Health Manager in the specification of drugs to be requisitioned, and for offering a prudent scale of issue for the planning of re-supply;
- Through proactive planning and facilitation of an unimpeded supply of drugs, medical supplies, medical consumables, vaccines, condoms (male and female) and blood in the field mission.
- Prepare Annual Procurement Plan for procurement of medicines, Diagnostics and medical supplies and follow up on its implementations
- Monitoring the consumption of drugs, laboratory reagents, medical and surgical consumables at the UN Clinic; prepare monthly/quarterly stock reports
- Assisting the health team in the treatment and side effect monitoring;
- Dispensing valid prescriptions and medical supplies to patients of UN Clinic;
- Storing and record keeping of stocks; following international standards
- Accounting for the applicable medical supplies and equipment according to recommended guidelines;
- Participating in logistics operations pertaining to the management of expired supplies and re-distribution of medical supplies in the UN clinic;
- Follow up in ensuring that supplies contracts are prepared, signed and issued to winning parties.
- Carries out post award activities of establishing import declaration forms and forms of payment to suppliers.
- Prepares timely and accurate reports
- Ensure a proper and safe disposal of hazardous material and medical waste in close coordination with the UN Clinic Health Manager and Nurses and Lab technicians,
- Performs other duties as required.
|APPLY ALSO: Head of Audit at Capacity Miners Limited|
Qualifications and Requirements:
Required Degree Level:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Educational Additional Comments: