> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
Application for the African Graduate Fellowships at AUC in Egypt for the 2021-2022 academic year is now open. The fellowship is a competitive program for bright, highly motivated African students interested in pursuing a Master’s degree at the American University in Cairo (AUC).
Each year, fellowships are offered to nationals of African countries (not including Egyptians) for full-time study (nine credits or as required by the program) in any of the graduate programs offered at the university.
The American University in Cairo (AUC) is founded in 1919 and is an American-accredited higher education institution. AUC has students, staff and alumni from more than 60 countries. The University offers 36 undergraduates, 44 master’s and two PhD programs with a globally recognized professional community-based education in English.
African Graduate Fellowships at AUC Benefits
The Fellowship provides selected candidates with the following benefits.
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Monthly stipend
- Medical service and health insurance fees
- A monthly housing allowance for non-residents of Cairo or accommodation in University residences at AUC New Cairo Campus
Graduate Programs at the American University in Cairo
Below is the list of available master degree programs at the American University in Cairo.
- Masters of Business Administration, (MBA)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Master of Computing (M.Comp.)
- Master of Education (M.Ed)
- Teaching and Learning (M.Ed.)
- Arabic Studies
- Community Psychology
- Counseling Psychology
- Egyptology and Coptology MA, with tracks in Art, Archaeology and History; Language, Literature and Religion; and Coptology
- English and Comparative Literature
- Gender and Women’s Studies in the Middle East/North Africa
- International & Comparative Education
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Middle East Studies
- Migration and Refugee Studies
- Political Science, Joint Program with University of Tubingen (Comparative and Middle East Politics and Society- CMEPS)
- Political Science, with specializations in Comparative Politics, International Relations, and Development Studies
- Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Television and Digital Journalism
- Construction Engineering (M.Eng.)
- Electronics and Communications Engineering (M.Eng.)
- Environmental Systems Design (M.Eng.)
- Mechanical Engineering (M.Eng.)
- Petroleum Engineering (M.Eng.)
- Robotics, Control and Smart Systems (M.Eng.)
- Architecture (M.Sc.)
- Biotechnology (M.Sc.)
- Chemistry, with concentration in Food Chemistry and Nutrition (M.Sc.)
- Computer Science (M.Sc.)
- Construction Engineering (M.Sc.)
- Electronics and Communications Engineering (M.Sc.)
- Environmental Engineering (M.Sc.)
- Finance, with concentrations in Corporate Finance, Investments, and FinTech (M.Sc.)
- Petroleum Engineering (M.Sc.)
- Mechanical Engineering, with specializations in Design, Industrial Engineering, Materials & Manufacturing Engineering, Mechatronics, and Power (M.Sc.)
- Nanotechnology (M.Sc.)
- Physics (M.Sc.)
- Robotics, Control and Smart Systems (M.Sc.) and more. Please click here for full list.
African Graduate Fellowships at AUC Eligibility
To apply for the Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Non-Egyptian African nationals
- Open to all disciplines of graduate studies
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; full admission to one of the graduate programs in AUC, satisfying graduate full admissions requirements
- Submit an international TOEFL iBT exam score or academic IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions.
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Financial need
Similar fellowship opportunities
- The Bridge Fellowship Program 2021 for University students
- 2020 Commonwealth100 Online Leadership Development Programme
- Black Mountain Institute Shearing Fellowship ($20,000 + accommodation)
- Amelia Earhart Fellowship 2021 for Women in Aerospace-applied Sciences/Engineering (Up to $10,000)
- 2020 IMF Youth Fellowship Contest For Young People Worldwide
How to Apply for African Graduate Fellowships at AUC
Interested applicants must follow steps below to submit their applications.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
Note: In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work. Candidates should submit their application by January 11, 2021.
While you SHARE this opportunity with FRIENDS, please FOLLOW us on Twitter, Facebook and Telegram.
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.