Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.
The African Women’s Development workshop is targeted at women writers, journalists and activists who wish to step-up their involvement in highlighting issues around women’s rights and social justice and who wish toimprove and practice their personal writing skills. Participants will be expected to read widely from assigned selected texts,and to complete daily writing exercises.After the workshop, the participants are expected to use the knowledge acquired to write widely about social justice issues in and beyond their communities. Participants will also be required to produce at least two articles, blogs or longer pieces for use by AWDF.As a feminist organisation, AWDF is focused on raising awareness on social injustice towards African women, and taking action to combat the injustice and abuse of the human rights of African women.
This workshop is part of AWDF’s efforts to amplify African women’s voices and is aimed at enhancing the skills of African women writers to enable them to frame their own narratives about issues that affect African women and are of concern to them.
- Applicants must meet the following requirements·
- Be from the African region, or the diaspora.·
- Be a feminist or women’s rights activist·
- Have high proficiency in English (verbal and written)·
- Be an experienced writer (published or unpublished)·
- Be available to travel to Ghana and stay for the entire 10-daysession
- Young women writers between ages 21-35 are especially encouraged to apply.
- Priority will be given to interested women writers (fiction & nonfiction) journalists, academics who wish to actively engage in women’s rights activism.
- AWDF will provide the following to successful applicants·
- Round trip fare.
- Participants from the diaspora may be required to pay part of the cost of air fare depending on the budget·
- Full accommodation and meals·
- Workshop material and stationary
In return, AWDF expects from participants,
- Hard work·
- Feminist behaviour
- Openness ·
A Memorandum of Understanding will be signed by successful applicants to enable smooth running of the workshop.
- To apply, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:· Contact details including name, email address, telephone number·
- A short bio (maximum 200 words)·
- A sample article written by the applicant, about women’s rights or social justice -between 500 and 1000 words.
- The sample maybe unpublished or published on any media.
- AWDF will not be responsible for any cases of alleged plagiarism
- THE E-MAIL SUBJECT SHOULD READ ‘AFRICAN WOMEN WRITERS WORKSHOP 2019
’DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS 24TH JUNE 2019.ONLY THOSE ACCEPTED TO THE WORKSHOP WILL BENOTIFIED, BY 24TH JULY, 2019.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
For More Information:
🕛 Jan 27, 2023 Mercedes-Benz Graduate Development Program 2023 in Internships / Graduate Trainee Progs. | for Africans
🕛 Jan 27, 2023 Study in Japan: University of Tsukuba (PEP) Scholarships 2023/2024 in Post-Graduate Programs | for Graduates
🕛 Jan 31, 2023 American University Human Rights Essay Award 2023(Fully-funded to Washington D.C. USA) in Awards & Prizes | for Professionals
🕛 Jan 31, 2023 Dolors Alberola Poetry Prize 2023 in General Competitions | for Writers & Poets
🕛 Jan 31, 2023 University of Glasgow James McCune Smith PhD Scholarships for International Students 2023 in Post-Graduate Programs | for Post Graduates
🕛 Jan 31, 2023 Utrecht University 2023 Excellence Scholarship for International Students in Masters Programs | for Post Graduates
🕛 Feb 01, 2023 Carleton University 2022/2023 Richard J. Van Loon Scholarships for African Students in Masters Programs | for Africans
🕛 Feb 01, 2023 Drexel University Global Scholar Program for Undergraduate Students 2023 in Scholarships | for Undergraduates
🕛 Feb 01, 2023 St. Gallen Symposium 2023 Leader of Tomorrow Essay Competition (CHF 20,000+Funded to Switzerland) in Essay Contests & Prizes | for Post Graduates
🕛 Feb 01, 2023 Study in Holland: Delft University of Technology Scholarship 2023-2024 in Masters Programs | for Post Graduates