Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.
The African Women’s Development workshop is targeted at women writers, journalists and activists who wish to step-up their involvement in highlighting issues around women’s rights and social justice and who wish toimprove and practice their personal writing skills. Participants will be expected to read widely from assigned selected texts,and to complete daily writing exercises.After the workshop, the participants are expected to use the knowledge acquired to write widely about social justice issues in and beyond their communities. Participants will also be required to produce at least two articles, blogs or longer pieces for use by AWDF.As a feminist organisation, AWDF is focused on raising awareness on social injustice towards African women, and taking action to combat the injustice and abuse of the human rights of African women.
This workshop is part of AWDF’s efforts to amplify African women’s voices and is aimed at enhancing the skills of African women writers to enable them to frame their own narratives about issues that affect African women and are of concern to them.
- Applicants must meet the following requirements·
- Be from the African region, or the diaspora.·
- Be a feminist or women’s rights activist·
- Have high proficiency in English (verbal and written)·
- Be an experienced writer (published or unpublished)·
- Be available to travel to Ghana and stay for the entire 10-daysession
- Young women writers between ages 21-35 are especially encouraged to apply.
- Priority will be given to interested women writers (fiction & nonfiction) journalists, academics who wish to actively engage in women’s rights activism.
HEY THERE: Are you looking for a WhatsApp TV where you can find great memes, funny videos, and trending gists, even with several opportunities with cash prizes? Then look no further. LOP TV is here to bring to you this top-rated content. JOIN LOP TV now
- AWDF will provide the following to successful applicants·
- Round trip fare.
- Participants from the diaspora may be required to pay part of the cost of air fare depending on the budget·
- Full accommodation and meals·
- Workshop material and stationary
In return, AWDF expects from participants,
- Hard work·
- Feminist behaviour
- Openness ·
A Memorandum of Understanding will be signed by successful applicants to enable smooth running of the workshop.
- To apply, send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following:· Contact details including name, email address, telephone number·
- A short bio (maximum 200 words)·
- A sample article written by the applicant, about women’s rights or social justice -between 500 and 1000 words.
- The sample maybe unpublished or published on any media.
- AWDF will not be responsible for any cases of alleged plagiarism
- THE E-MAIL SUBJECT SHOULD READ ‘AFRICAN WOMEN WRITERS WORKSHOP 2019
’DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS 24TH JUNE 2019.ONLY THOSE ACCEPTED TO THE WORKSHOP WILL BENOTIFIED, BY 24TH JULY, 2019.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
For More Information:
🕛 Feb 20, 2023 2023 Linnaeus University Scholarships program for International Students in Masters Programs | for Post Graduates
🕛 Feb 20, 2023 Dalian University of Technology (DUT) 2023 Chinese Government Scholarship-High Level Postgraduate Program in Post-Graduate Programs | for Post Graduates
🕛 Feb 20, 2023 Global Fund for Women 2023 Adolescent Girls Advisory Council Program in Trainings and Workshops | for Girls & Women
🕛 Feb 20, 2023 IntelliDigest 2023 Global Agrifood Techpreneur Programme for Entrepreneurs in Fellowships | for Entrepreneurs
🕛 Feb 22, 2023 African Development Bank (AfDB) 2023 Virtual Internship for African Students in Internships / Graduate Trainee Progs. | for Africans
🕛 Feb 22, 2023 Bank of Industry (BOI) 2023 Entrepreneurship Programme for Nigerians in Trainings and Workshops | for Entrepreneurs
🕛 Feb 22, 2023 European University Institute(EUI) 2023 Young African Leaders Programme in Professional Programs | for Africans
🕛 Feb 23, 2023 French Development Agency (AFD) 2023 Digital Challenge for African Countries in Entrepreneurship Prizes | for Africans
🕛 Feb 24, 2023 APICA Summer Internship Program 2023 in Internships / Graduate Trainee Progs. | for Graduates
🕛 Feb 24, 2023 Call for Nominations: Royal Society 2023 Africa Prize for African Researchers in Awards & Prizes | for Africans