Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.
The African Women’s Development workshop is targeted at women writers, journalists and activists who wish to step-up their involvement in highlighting issues around women’s rights and social justice and who wish toimprove and practice their personal writing skills. Participants will be expected to read widely from assigned selected texts,and to complete daily writing exercises.After the workshop, the participants are expected to use the knowledge acquired to write widely about social justice issues in and beyond their communities. Participants will also be required to produce at least two articles, blogs or longer pieces for use by AWDF.As a feminist organisation, AWDF is focused on raising awareness on social injustice towards African women, and taking action to combat the injustice and abuse of the human rights of African women.
This workshop is part of AWDF’s efforts to amplify African women’s voices and is aimed at enhancing the skills of African women writers to enable them to frame their own narratives about issues that affect African women and are of concern to them.
- Applicants must meet the following requirements·
- Be from the African region, or the diaspora.·
- Be a feminist or women’s rights activist·
- Have high proficiency in English (verbal and written)·
- Be an experienced writer (published or unpublished)·
- Be available to travel to Ghana and stay for the entire 10-daysession
- Young women writers between ages 21-35 are especially encouraged to apply.
- Priority will be given to interested women writers (fiction & nonfiction) journalists, academics who wish to actively engage in women’s rights activism.
- AWDF will provide the following to successful applicants·
- Round trip fare.
- Participants from the diaspora may be required to pay part of the cost of air fare depending on the budget·
- Full accommodation and meals·
- Workshop material and stationary
In return, AWDF expects from participants,
- Hard work·
- Feminist behaviour
- Openness ·
A Memorandum of Understanding will be signed by successful applicants to enable smooth running of the workshop.
- To apply, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:· Contact details including name, email address, telephone number·
- A short bio (maximum 200 words)·
- A sample article written by the applicant, about women’s rights or social justice -between 500 and 1000 words.
- The sample maybe unpublished or published on any media.
- AWDF will not be responsible for any cases of alleged plagiarism
- THE E-MAIL SUBJECT SHOULD READ ‘AFRICAN WOMEN WRITERS WORKSHOP 2019
’DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS 24TH JUNE 2019.ONLY THOSE ACCEPTED TO THE WORKSHOP WILL BENOTIFIED, BY 24TH JULY, 2019.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
For More Information:
🕛 Jan 01, 2023 Holland-High Potential Scholarship at Maastricht University 2023 in Masters Programs | for Post Graduates
🕛 Jan 01, 2023 Study in USA: Dartmouth College 2023 King Scholars Program for Developing Countries in Scholarships | for Undergraduates
🕛 Jan 01, 2023 Western Oregon University 2023-2024 Graduate Assistantship Program for International Students in Post-Graduate Programs | for Post Graduates
🕛 Jan 03, 2023 Mo Ibrahim Foundation 2023 Masters Scholarships for African Students in Masters Programs | for Africans
🕛 Jan 04, 2023 Immerse Education Essay Competition 2023 in Essay Contests & Prizes | for Secondary Sch. Leavers
🕛 Jan 04, 2023 University of Oxford Skoll Scholarship for Postgraduate Students 2023 ( Fully Funded ) in Masters Programs | for Post Graduates
🕛 Jan 07, 2023 Erasmus Mundus GLOCAL Scholarships 2023-2024 for International Students in Masters Programs | for Post Graduates
🕛 Jan 09, 2023 Les Margaret 2023 Awards for Women Entrepreneur in Awards & Prizes | for Entrepreneurs
🕛 Jan 09, 2023 UNICEF Venture Fund for frontier tech solutions (US$100K in equity-free investments) in Grants & Fundings | for Organizations
🕛 Jan 10, 2023 Commonwealth 2023 Blue Charter Project Incubator for Climate/Ocean Innovation in Grants & Fundings | for Entrepreneurs