> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
United Nigeria Airlines Services Ltd (Operators of United Nigeria) is a wholly owned Nigerian company incorporated under the Companies and Allied Matters Act of 1990 at the Corporate Affairs Commission to offer commercial air transportation services under the trade name United Nigeria.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the role of admin assistant at United Nigeria Airlines.
Please read the job information carefully and apply before the deadline.
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Airline Cargo Officer
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
|SEE ALSO: Job Opening at Huawei Technologies Co Ltd|
- Responsible for managing the booking, loading and unloading of air cargo for customers.
- He/She will be responsible for coordinating with customers and other departments to ensure that shipments are sent and received in a timely and efficient manner.
- The Airline Cargo Officer must have excellent communication and organizational skills, a good understanding of the air cargo industry and the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- He/She will be required to provide exceptional customer service, while adhering to all regulations and procedures.
- Administer plans for handling and storage of cargo.
- Ensure the on-time collection and delivery of cargo.
- Identify gaps in operations and develop SOP for the job.
- Ensure the handling of hazardous materials or goods is in accordance to safety standards and
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs).
- Monitor the safe stowage of hazardous materials or goods.
- Perform housekeeping operations and stock control of warehouse cargoes and items.
- Prepare cargo load plans based on weight of Unit Load Devices (ULDs) and available payloads.
- Prepare international shipments for customs by ensuring proper tariffs are completed and attached.
- Record cargo information such as size, weight, and dimensions.
- Assist with the tracking of lost or missing shipments
- Handling cargo related customer service issues between stations and Cargo agent/s.
- Prepare documentations for total number of outgoing cargos.
- Prepare master Air Waybills (AWB) before dispatching cargo for loading on board aircraft.
- Report breaches in safety and security standards to relevant authorities.
- Report breaches of SOPs involving the handling of hazardous materials or goods to supervisors
- Support compliance of height, weight and special handling requirements in stacking, moving and
- arranging items on pallets according to storage plans.
- Interpret and follow safety and security standards for teams.
- Weekly reporting
- Any other duties assigned
- Job Attribute Required Skills
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of air cargos regulations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
|SEE ALSO: Job Recruitment at Emerson Electric Company|
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BSc or HND in any discipline
- Minimum of 2 years experience in related role
- Previous related work experience in airline company will be an added advantage
- Must be computer literate.