|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
You can now apply for the Amelia Earhart Fellowship 2021. The Fellowship is awarded annually to up to 30 women pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace-applied Sciences or engineering.
About the Fellowship
According to the U.S. News & World Report, women make up less than 30% of the workforce in physics, computer sciences and engineering. To bridge this gap, and carry out its mission that women have access to all resources and are in decision-making positions, Zonta International offers the Amelia Earhart Fellowship.
Since the program’s inception in 1978, 1,209 women representing 73 countries have been awarded and have gone on to become astronauts, aerospace engineers, astronomers, professors, geologists, business owners, heads of companies, even Secretary of the US Air Force.
- Up to USD 10,000 is awarded to selected fellows
- Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree who demonstrate a superior academic record conducting research applied to aerospace engineering or space sciences are eligible.
- Students must have registered and completed at least one year in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program or have received a master’s degree in an aerospace–applied field at the time of application
- Applicants must not graduate from their Ph.D. or doctoral program before April 2022. Post-doctoral research programs are not eligible
- Previous Amelia Earhart Fellows are not eligible to apply to renew the Fellowship for a second year
The 2021 Amelia Earhart Fellowship application deadline is November 15, 2020. Hard copy and email applications will not be accepted.
Deadline: November 15, 2020.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.