|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Ref No: STS2022-010
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Recruitment Type: STS- National (6-month renewable contract)
- Assist the Activity Accounting Officer to manage the Activity’s accounting system and reporting process, ensuring completeness of ledgers and all supporting documentation and compliance with IITA and Donors’ finance and procurement regulations.
- Prepare payment schedules for payments from the Activity’s Imprest account as well as payments from the HQ Finance Directorate.
- Ensure Expenses are authorized and processed in accordance with agreed procedures for both IITA and donors.
- Prepare petty cash payments, journals and vouchers and ensure these are posted into the general and other account ledgers.
- Process advances and claims for payment and maintain cash advances register for follow-up on the reimbursement of advances, accounting for Activity payables and receivables.
- Monitor the processing of program cash/travel advances, expense claims and reimbursement by activity staff.
- Respond to account inquiries and provide prompt feedback to users.
- File and keep activity’s accounting supporting documents and records.
- Track and monitor resource needs and other material needs for carrying out financial tasks.
- Assist in the organization and management of internal and external audits and compliance checks.
- Maintaining accounting records, ensuring they are complete, accurate, well archived and safeguarded.
- Prepare invoices and chargeback statements for services provided to individuals or other institutions and partners.
- Prepare a statement of expenditure (SOE) as required by the donor for justification of advances, direct payments, and replenishment of accounts.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- BSc / HND in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related fields.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience performing a similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent computer skills with a good grasp and knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing and other MS office applications. Good knowledge of Oracle
- Have Proficiency in the English language with excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Be a fast learner and pay attention to details.
- Have personal integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Applications will be an added advantage.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented multicultural environment.
|SEE ALSO: Apply: Procurement Assistant at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)|
- We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Applications must include a Covering Letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, Curriculum Vitae, and Names and Addresses of three Professional Referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
- The application should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 29th June 2022.
PROMO ENDS SOON: WhatsApp Automation FullStack Course
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.