|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Procurement Associate
Requisition ID: 159863
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Duty Station: Multiple locations in Western Africa Region.
- These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Country Offices (COs), and report to a Head of Unit, Chief, or Procurement Officer.
- Job holders at this level demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries and problems with only general guidance.
- There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis.
- Job holders have a level of expertise and knowledge to adapt and contribute to the development of systems and processes in order to continually improve the level of support provided.
- Job holders supervise, provide technical advice, coach and coordinate a team of support staff.
|SEE ALSO: Quality Control Officer at Costarchem Nigeria Limited|
- To provide coordination, administrative services and research to support efficient and effective procurement services.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Provide operational coordination and administrative services, to support procurement projects and activities, following standard processes and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services.
- Identify and recommend potential suppliers, and compile data/documents to support the selection of suppliers, ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Manage updates and further develop databases and records, to ensure information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
- Maintain relationships with internal counterparts, to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, and provide support to requisitioners, in order to support the procurement of appropriate goods and services, at the lowest cost to WFP.
- Contribute to negotiations with new suppliers on terms and conditions of orders, alongside a senior officer, in order to obtain the best terms and lowest costs for WFP.
- Prepare Purchase Orders, contracts and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate stakeholder, and approve purchases within delegated authority, to enable the swift purchase of goods and services.
- Resolve issues related to delivered goods, using initiative, liaising with all parties and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of problems.
- Research, collect and analyse data in order to produce reports to enable informed decision-making by Procurement Officers, and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
Other Specific Job Requirements:
- This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
|SEE ALSO: Customer Service Representative at Compovine Technologies|
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Six or more years of progressively responsible work experience in Procurement, Contract and Supplier Management with experience in general administrative work? (GS6 Grade)
- Fluency in both oral and written English.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role:
- Demonstrated familiarity with locally purchased commodities/goods/services (e.g., cash-based, in-kind donations).
- Experience conducting supplier research and coordinating with retailers, wholesalers and traders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement processes and linkages with other operations (e.g., logistics).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Terms And Conditions
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only Nigerian nationals or valid Nigerian residence and work permits holders are eligible to apply.
- Applications must be submitted online and in English only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant
Deadline: 6th April 2022; 11:59 pm (Nigeria Time).
|COUPON ALERT: Enter promo code, "fsguest" at checkout to get 30% discount off premium courses on FS Academy. START NOW!|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.