|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of an historic multi-million pound expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is introducing a wide range of new and exciting language and regional content to serve African and global audiences.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Coordinator (BBC / MacArthur Foundation Project)
Job Reference: BBC/TP/788771/59195
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract Type: Fixed Term Full Time
Job Category: Production Management
Business Unit: News – WSG World Service
Reports to: Country Director – Nigeria
Contract Duration: 12 month contract
- The Production Coordinator provides logistical coordination to the production team on one or more productions and/or a portfolio of content.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Contributes to the scheduling and budgeting of the production/content in line with divisional requirements and relevant BBC frameworks, guidelines and policies.
- Responsible for assisting the Production Manager (or equivalent) in identifying and sourcing appropriate resource and location requirements for the production at the earliest possible stage.
- Ensures compliance with BBC policies, guidelines, legislative and regulatory requirements, in order to minimise the BBC’s exposure to risk.
- Maintains a safe and healthy working environment at all times, escalating any issues or areas of concern.
- Proactively looks for ways of improving efficiencies within a production environment, promotes diversity and advocates for new ways of working and/or for adopting new production related technologies.
- Supports other internal departments with the implementation of their strategies (e.g. HR, Workplace, Procurement, Finance, etc.)
- Responsible for liaising with and assisting the Production Manager and Asset Management teams about asset requirements and joiner, mover and leaver activities both in the office and on location.
- Providing administrative support to the production teams, as and when required, depending on team structures.
- Contributing to, and helping to implement, practical actions to reduce environmental impact throughout production.
- Responsible for ensuring all necessary rights are acquired and recorded for the complete delivery of the production/content, escalating any issues at the earliest stage.
- Ensures the production/content delivers demonstrable value for money through effective and efficient coordination of people and resources. This may involve supporting JPM/PM on liaising with external providers, and having delegated responsibility for cost decisions within their budgetary remit as agreed with PM.
- Applies specialist skills to productions, e.g. live gallery skills and script supervision, where appropriate.
- Responsible for preparing (or contributing to the preparation of), managing, setting and monitoring of production budgets (or elements of), and for forecasting and reporting, where required.
- May also assess the financial viability of content ideas that may arise during productions.
- Adhere to the processes for fully and accurately capturing and managing metadata in line with BBC guidelines and policies, and ensuring Archives have the necessary information to manage media assets.
- Supports in identifying the training needs of less experienced colleagues on the production.
|SEE ALSO: Compliance Officer at SPIE Oil & Gas Services|
Knowledge, Skills, Training and Experience
- Demonstrates interest in the BBC and the wider industry.
- Demonstrable experience of carrying out a logistical coordinating role within a production team. Knowledge of delivering a range of/elements of productions on time and on budget and coordinating deliverables for productions, where necessary having worked on location, with crews and production teams with a strong knowledge of how productions are managed.
- Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective relations with a wide range of contacts.
- Demonstrates strong organisational and planning skills and manages conflicting demands to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use own initiative with assurance using judgment to escalate where necessary.
- Able to consider and propose new ways of working to improve existing processes.
- Experience of influencing and motivating others to reach desired outcomes.
- Necessary business and finance skills to prepare, manage, set and/or monitor specific production resource plans and budgets and buying/booking resources.
- Good working knowledge of end-to-end multi-platform production with an understanding of the technology used on productions.
- Where required, has the ability to use specialist skills for certain types of output (e.g. live gallery skills, script supervision).
- Able to use and advise on production systems and can adopt new technologies.
|SEE ALSO: Finance Officer at Coca-Cola Company|
- Post holder has delegated decision-making authority (from the Production Manager or equivalent) regarding the smooth day-to-day running of their production, working within
- BBC guidelines and frameworks.
- Post holder reports to a Production Manager (or equivalent) and is responsible for the coordination of a production.
- May also take on some level of responsibility in running a production where appropriate.
- Expected to build and maintain a wide range of internal contacts from across the BBC.
- Typical external relationships will be with resource providers, contributors, artists and their agents, freelancers and public officials (e.g. local authorities).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Deadline: 14th March, 2022.
|COUPON ALERT: Enter promo code, "fsguest" at checkout to get 30% discount off premium courses on FS Academy. START NOW!|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.