|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion-dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technician
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Reports To: Shift Team Lead
Seniority Level: Non-management
Role Positioning and Objectives
- Individual is responsible to own and drive root cause analysis within a team of Equipment Owners/Operating teams for an Operating Line, Lines, or Operation. The Technician II by his role supports the Shift Team Lead in delivering the PQCDSM – Production, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale – results necessary to achieve the Compelling Business Need by rigorous application of RTT/ IWS tools.
- He is responsible, in conjunction with the Equipment Owner at ensuring their equipment is operated and maintained at base conditions and improvements required to reach goals are executed. 95% of individual’s time will be spent on the Operating Floor working with the team. Individual is member of Operating (Autonomous) Team.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Coach and develop Technician I and Operating Teams;
- Supports the Shift Team Lead in delivering the PQCDSM – Production, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale – results necessary to achieve the Compelling Business Need by rigorous application of RTT/ IWS tools;
- Actively participate in project delivery and execution;
- Serve as a technical operator and additional resource to operate and fix both operational and technical issues on responsible line(s) to meet shift PQCDSM results;
- As a member of Operating AM team, drives and executes all AM related activities and actions within Shift. Includes RTT DMS, step progression, and maintenance of standards
- Implement all required and recommended actions/responsibilities to support Operating teams through the IWS Phase Journey
- Tracks CIL time daily and continues to drive down time by creating kaizens to address remaining HTRs and SOCs
- Fixes defects found, submits notifications for defects equipment owner is unable to fix and continues to follow-up until defect is repaired
- Runs equipment at centreline and can explain deviations
- Understands link between Process Control Strategy (PCS) and CLs & CILs
- Understand, follow, and insure compliance with QA and HS&E Key Elements. Eliminate Root Cause of any outages.
- Use Risk Prediction whenever you are performing a non-routine task on your equipment (i.e. defect fixing)
- Drives safety defects through completion with a high sense of urgency
- Key driver for analysing all safety risks and driving out losses associated with those risks
- Performs weekly & monthly CILs
- Maintains and updates all standards in Equipment (i.e. CIL, OPLs, lube map, safety map, centrelines, defect list, etc.
- Ensures CIL is updated when there are learnings (i.e. breakdowns, process failures, etc.)
- Ensures that the CIL is driving the elimination of unplanned breakdowns
- Shift rotation with off-shift and weekend support subject to prevalent shift pattern and as dictated by business requirements; this could include call-in support in extreme cases.
|SEE ALSO: Executive Assistant at uLesson Education Limited|
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- An academic qualification in City & Guilds (Engineering / Manufacturing / Transport Maintenance), NABTEB (Technical Trade), or National Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics from a recognised institution
- The role holder will require an expert knowledge of cigarette making or packing machinery with at least 7 years of “hands on” experience of running these machines in a production environment, thereby gaining technical mastery of equipment and can develop it in others
- Key Knowledge on GD121/ AF12 Making machines
- A strong working knowledge of technical training, fault finding, troubleshooting techniques on both Making and Packing machines will be essential to the success of the role. Overall strong technical skills.
- In addition, a good understanding of mechanical processes, both hands on and theory will be required.
- Understanding of storeroom operating strategies.
- Ability to develop and effectively coach/train Equipment Owners and other technicians.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills desired
Competitive salary package + excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.