|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registration Assistant
Job ID: 34022
Location: Ogoja, Cross River
Salary Grade: G4
Hardship Level: D
Family Location Type: Non-Family
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships:
- The Registration Assistant is a member of the registration team and is supervised by a more senior colleague who normally reports directly to the Registration Officer.
- The incumbent is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, which may also include functions related to reception, filing and data management.
- S / he responds to queries from asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- The Registration Assistant liaises with protection staff and partners to ensure timely identification and referral of persons of concern for protection follow up and may provide interpretation and/or translation services in cases for which s/he has the required language competencies.
|SEE ALSO: Latest Jobs at Compovine Technologies Limited [3 Positions]|
- All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks.
- In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Conduct registration interviews in accordance with local SOPs and registration standards.
- Respond to queries from asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including the provision of identity and entitlement documentation
- Act as interpreter and translator when needed.
- Refer cases to other units within the office and to implementing partners as necessary.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
|SEE ALSO: Latest Job at Shell Petroleum Development Company|
- G4 – 1-year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Certificates and/or Licenses:
- Social Sciences; Statistics; Mathematics;
- Information Technology; HCR Protection Lrng Prog;
- Experience in working with UNHCR proGres software.
- IT-Computer Literacy;
- This position is advertised open to Group 1, Group 2, if applicable, and external applicants.
Procedures and Eligibility:
- Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
- Applicants must be nationals of and be locally recruited within the country of their employment.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Please also note that English is essential for this Job Opening.
- Knowledge of the local language is highly recommended.
|SEE ALSO: Driver at British High Commission (BHC) | NGN 223,596.96 / Month|
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Information and Notice
- All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe and empowered to perform their duties. This includes demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
- As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seek guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
- This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
- Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
- A written test may be conducted for this position which will be followed by a competency-based interview
Deadline: 9th March 2022 at 11:59 PM.
|COUPON ALERT: Enter promo code, "fsguest" at checkout to get 30% discount off premium courses on FS Academy. START NOW!|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.