|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by the Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
|SEE ALSO: Apply: Programme Officer at the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)|
Job Title: Company Secretary
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Pay Band: 8
Contract Type: Indefinite
- The main purpose of this role is to ensure that the British Council complies with all statutory and regulatory requirements of Nigeria, and with corporate requirements related to corporate governance and information management.
- The role holder will provide legal advice and specialist support in ensuring timely availability of reports, minutes, records of decisions, analytics and business plans, and coordinate for smooth functioning of the Country Directorate.
- The post-holder will be an active member of the Nigeria Senior Leadership Team (SLT), coordinate SLT meetings, engage with key stakeholders and act as the first point of contact for decisions and activities related to governance.
The main essential knowledge and experience points that we are looking for you to evidence are:
- Education to Degree level or equivalent
- A legal practitioner with a minimum of five years of experience in a similar role or relevant legal field
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take initiative and deal with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and experience in managing senior stakeholders and partners
- A member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators or similar organisation
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
|SEE ALSO: Administrative Assistant at British Council|
- Experience in working across matrix structures to drive and deliver a substantial agenda
Role Specific Skills:
- Stakeholder engagement through collaborations, leading and influencing business decisions
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in the country of application. The British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Deadline: 7th September 2022 (23:59 South Africa Time).
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.