|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) is a top ranking University of technology in Nigeria and indeed the nation’s pride. Established in 1981, the university has grown tremendously, stretching its academic disciplines and research across eight different schools and over fifty academic departments.
The Mission of FUTA is to promote technological advancement by providing conducive environment for research, teaching and learning engenders development of products that are technologically oriented, self-reliant and relevant to society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Corporate Communications and Protocol
Location: Akure, Ondo
- The Directorate of Corporate Communications and Protocol is responsible for all communication endeavors of the University and matters relating to protocol.
- The Directorate shall from time to time devise communications strategies that shall put the University in good stead and right standing with its various internal and external public.
- It will also coordinate all University’s Programmes and manage such events as directed by the Vice Chancellor and other relevant organs and authorities of the University.
The Director is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for:
- Coordination of the affairs of the Directorate
- Liaison with external bodies
- Drafting and writing of official correspondence
- University publications
- Production of Official News Bulletin of the University
- Media monitoring and relations
- Ceremonies and engagements
|SEE ALSO: Apply: Director of Sports at the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA)|
Qualifications and Experience
- The person for the post of Director of Corporate Communications and Protocol is required to possess a good First Degree in English, Mass Communication or in any of the Humanities not below Second Class Lower Division from a recognized University with at least eighteen (18) years’ cognate post qualification experience.
- Possession of a higher Degree certificate will be an added advantage.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies i.e. ANUPA, NIM, NUJ, NIPR, AUA, AAUA is required.
- The candidate must have served as Deputy Director for at least five (5) years in the University system or a similar institution.
- The Director must be a person of high integrity and moral character with excellent interpersonal relations.
- He/she must enjoy good physical and mental health and must be IT literate. In addition, he/she must be able to provide good leadership to the staff of the Directorate.
- He/she must be capable of carrying all staff of the Directorate along.
- He/she must also be receptive in line with the phased physical development plan of the University.
|SEE ALSO: Edo State EDSPHCDA Recruitment 202/ How to Apply|
Conditions of Service
- Conditions of service are similar to those in other institutions of higher learning in the country.
CONTISS 15 (N4, 484,379.00 – N6,664,214.00).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications including the names and addresses of three referees in an envelope marked “FOR THE ATTENTION OF THE DIRECTOR OF ESTABLISHMENT AND HUMAN RESOURCE” to:
Federal University of Technology,
Akure, Ondo State.
Interested candidates are to visit FUTA website (www.futa.edu.ng) to complete the application form appropriately.
- In addition to stating the names and addresses of three referees, candidates should request the referees to send confidential reports to them under separate cover, direct to the Registrar.
- Shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit Vision and Mission Statement of not more than one thousand words for the development of the Directorate
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 10th April, 2023.
AD PACKAGES: Push your business to the face of over 8,000 people from as little as #1,000.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.