|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver, GS-2
Job No: 561695
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
How Can You Make a Difference?
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Below is a list of Key functions & accountabilities expected of this role:
Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials:
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials, visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Meets official personnel and visitors at the airport and may assist with basic visa and customs formalities and arrangements when required.
Maintenance of assigned vehicle:
- Ensures vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels, and car washing.
Documentation of vehicle related information:
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
|SEE ALSO: Apply: Bursar at FCT College of Education, Zuba|
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- A Secondary Education is required, along with a valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- A minimum of two (2) years of work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record is required.
- Fluency of the local language of the duty station as well as proficiency in English is required.
Core Skills Required:
- Good knowledge of the city, local roads and conditions where the office is located
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background.
|SEE ALSO: 8 Grants & Funding Programs to Apply for in May 2023|
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are:
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact.
- Innovates and embraces change.
- Manages ambiguity and complexity.
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others.
- During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
- We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Deadline: 18th May, 2023 (W. Central Africa Standard Time).
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.