|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Officer, Level NOB
Job ID: 543487
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Type: Temporary Appointment
Duration: 364 days
How can you make a difference?
- Under the supervision of the Education Specialist, the Education Officer provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for education programmes/projects within the Country Programme from development planning to delivery of results, preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative programme tasks to facilitate programme development, implementation, programme progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
|SEE ALSO: Apply: Clinical Instructors at Edo State College of Nursing Sciences|
Tasks / Responsibilities:
Support to programme Development and Planning:
- Contribute to the preparation and updating of the situation analysis for the development, design and management of education-related programmes/projects. Research and report on development trends (economic, social, health etc.) and data for use in programme development, management, monitoring, evaluation and delivery of results.
- Contribute to the development and establishment of sectoral programme goals, objectives and strategies and results-based planning through research, collection, analysis and reporting of education and other related information for development planning and goal setting.
- Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing and administering a variety of technical programme transactions, preparing materials and documentations, and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support programme planning, results-based planning (RBM) and monitoring and evaluation of results.
Programme Management, Monitoring and Delivery of Results:
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal colleagues and partners to collect, analyze and share information on implementation issues.
- Suggest solutions on routine programme implementation and submit reports to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and/or decisions. Keep a record of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts and prepare minutes/reports on results for follow up action by higher management and other stakeholders.
- Monitor and report on the use of sectoral programme resources (financial, administrative and other assets), verify compliance with approved allocation, organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity. Report on issues identified to ensure timely resolution by management/stakeholders. Follow up on unresolved issues to ensure resolution.
- Prepare draft inputs for programme/donor reporting
|SEE ALSO: Apply: Nurse Educator at Edo State College of Nursing Sciences|
Technical and Operational Support to Programme Implementation:
- Undertake field visits and surveys and share information with stakeholders to assess progress and refer to relevant officials for resolution. Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
- Provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners/donors on the application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices on education-related issues to support programme implementation, operations and delivery of results.
Networking and Partnership Building:
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate programme implementation and build the capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results on education programmes.
- Draft communication and information materials for CO programme advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnerships and alliances, and support fundraising for education programmes.
- Research information on potential donors and prepare resource mobilization materials and briefs for fundraising and partnership development purposes.
Innovation, Knowledge Management and Capacity Building:
- Contribute to identifying, capturing, synthesizing, and sharing lessons learned for knowledge development and capacity development of stakeholders.
- Apply innovative approaches and promote good practice to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable programme results.
- Research and report on best and cutting edge practices for development planning of knowledge products and systems.
- Participate as a resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
|SEE ALSO: Lagos State Government Teachers Recruitment 2021|
To Qualify as an Advocate For Every Child You will Have:
- A University Degree in one of the following fields is required: Education, Psychology, Sociology or another relevant technical field required.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is highly desirable.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
For Every Child, You Demonstrate…
- UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA)
The UNICEF Competencies Required for this Post are:
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results
- Innovates and embraces change
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others
Deadline: 14th August 2021. (W. Central Africa Standard Time)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This is a national post open to Nigerian nationals
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.