|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Technician – Utilities
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Seniority Level: Non-management
Reports to: Engineering & Site Services Manager
Role Positioning and Objectives
- This role is part of the Engineering and Manufacturing team at the BAT Factory in Ibadan, Nigeria.
- This work involves the controlling, operating, monitoring and maintenance of electrical aspects of Engineering/Utilities machines and power supply systems and network, in order to support the manufacturing department to manufacture products on time and in full according to specified quality standards and at optimum cost.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Supply of Utilities – To ensure 100% availability of the electrical network to ensure smooth and continuous production. Furthermore, managing the electrical systems to their optimal condition.
- Equipment Maintenance – To implement preventive maintenance procedure and comply strictly to the maintenance plan (for all electrical equipment). Also, conduct inspection of equipment to address all defects noticed during operation.
- Energy Monitoring – Monitoring and reporting of the usage of energy in all forms across the factory. This consists of fuels, electricity, compressed air, suction, and steam.
- Compliance – Adhere to all Health and Safety legislation, (including all insurance checks) and execution of the Site safety policy. Ensure conformance with the quality management system (ISO 9001/2015) and all ISO 14001 as regards to the business operation.
- Site Management – Maintain an environment that allows team members to perform their tasks in a clean, tidy, and safe working environment.
- People Development – Position yourself in a way people learn from you, identify knowledge gap, train, and develop talent within the department with objective to achieve world class standards of operation and maintenance. Also, to develop successors for the future of the department and the business.
|SEE ALSO: Niger Delta Exploration & Production Limited (NDEP) Graduate Trainee Program 2023/ How to Apply|
Essential Experience, Skills And Knowledge
- Minimum of HND in an Electrical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years working experience on MV & LV electrical systems and power networks
- Ability to perform diagnostic tests to identify and isolate equipment malfunctions, using specialized tools and equipment.
- Ability to replace defective parts, repair, or rebuild equipment, and assemble and install new equipment, ensuring adherence to safety and quality standards.
- Working knowledge of production environment
- Advance knowledge and understanding of utilities equipment and systems,
- Understanding of principles of HV/LV/RMU panels. Dust Plant and utilities equipment as it relates to electrical networks.
- Ability to conduct routine maintenance on equipment, including lubrication, cleaning, and adjustment, to prevent downtime and ensure optimal performance.
Competitive Salary Range + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.