The commonwealth Youth Human Rights and Democracy Network (CYHRDN) is seeking volunteers for its executive positions to serve from 2020 to 2022.
Young people are required in this position, to lead the charge in protecting and promoting human rights across the Commonwealth.
Target Group: Commonwealth citizens aged 15 to 29
Deadline: 5 September 2020
Mode of Application: E-mail
About the Program
CYHRDN is one of 10 Commonwealth Youth Networks supported by the Secretariat. It was created with the objective or advancing and actively engaging young people in the fight for democracy and visible progress on human rights.
CYHRDN has announced eight high-profile positions on its executive team for year 2020 to 2022. They are inviting applications from young and suitably qualified individuals who are passionate about promoting and protecting human rights and democratic principles across the Commonwealth into positions like
- Policy Research and Advocacy Coordinator
- Communications Coordinator
- Education and Training Coordinator
- Partnership Engagement Coordinator
- Disability Rights Coordinator
- Rapporteur on Discrimination
- Rapporteur for Migrants and Refugees’ Rights
- Rapporteur for Gender-based violence
- Be a Commonwealth citizen of age 15 to 29 years
- Have a strong commitment to promoting human rights and advocacy
- Have experience of working with youth-led organizations or initiatives focused on human rights and democracy
- Be available to commit 10 to 15 hours per week to the network’s activities
Applicants should submit their resume and a cover letter outlining their experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 September 2020. The email subject line should include the position you are applying for and your full name.