|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Infrastructure Officer
CFCV No.: SVN2022.005
IOM Classification: NOA
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Organizational Unit: Resource Management
Type of Appointment: Special Short–Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
- Under the general supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer and direct supervision of the Procurement & Logistics Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the overall construction work as a Common Service support for Mission’s needs.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support Mission’s construction needs by conducting general assessment of the building and its surrounding, sewage system, building integrity and other required assessment and test, to make sure the potential premises are safe and suitable for the Project needs
- Act as the main Technical Adviser to the Contractor and maintain constant liaison with the Contractor and their team members, including attending regular meetings to ensure the pace of work progress.
- Prepare BOQs, drawings, cost estimation and work plan for the general building construction or rehabilitation of the existing building, and/or new prefabricated structure and temporary structures as required.
- Use software packages AutoCAD and other related drawing software to prepare, review, amend and interpret blueprints; draft plans and details; and modify existing AutoCAD drawings
- Directly work on the planning, design, specifications and execution of all phases of construction or office maintenance work from initial planning to the final handing over by the selected contractor.
- Participate in the proposal technical evaluation process including assessment of bidders’ qualifications, competency and experience and in analyzing and reviewing the quoted unit rates against IOM’s cost estimate.
- Conduct daily inspection and hand-on supervision of the construction progress. around the entire office building, including the outside perimeter. Particular attention has to be given to the quality of work and finishing.
- Provide guidance on quality control and other technical areas to the project assistants and/or technical support staff in the field.
- Follow up all the contractual duties as stipulated in the IOM construction contract.
- Plan and monitor the progress of the construction works.
- Report minimum on weekly basis, through a report highlighting the quality of the work and the achievement of the target foreseen in the weekly work plan, specifying the number of days in delay or saved by the Contractor.
- Prepare periodic reports on various aspects of projects including but not limited to work progress, financial, quality control, schedule compliance, technical and recommendations.
- Travel to project sites as required
- Ensure the contractor follow the construction safe and safety standard.
- Ensure through established procedures, that all received construction materials are in accordance with the BOQ and technical specifications.
- Inspection of quality of proposed/used materials, in line with standards and original specifications of BOQ or approved samples, in order to limit and respond to possible Contractor’s attempts to reduce the quality of materials.
- Coordinate accurate record-keeping, construction inspections, and quality audits. Ensure that drawings and records of actual quantities maintained are kept up to date and variations and addendums are issued correctly.
- Check and monitor workforce quantity which should be sufficient to carry out works in line with the time schedule. Check and monitor Contractor performance to avoid unqualified workforce.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
|SEE ALSO: Job Vacancy at UNDP- United Nations Development Programme|
- B.Sc in Civil Engineering from any reputed public university.
- Minimum of 2 years practical working experience in civil construction in national/ international company/organization.
- A sound and up-to-date knowledge of local construction techniques and materials.
- Versatile in the use of design-related software (e.g. AutoCAD, CorelDraw, InDesign, ArcGIS, SketchUp, etc) and ability to prepare schedules/bills of quantities and cost estimates are an asset.
- Knowledge of the building industry, local construction techniques and materials is advantageous.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to present clear and concise information and good communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Willingness to assist efficiently in a very busy project environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) required, working knowledge of the local language.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respect and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and act in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates the ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
|SEE ALSO: Operations Manager at Smoke Box Ng|
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicate a clear strategic direction.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
|SEE ALSO: Digital Marketing Executive at NECESSIDAD | Pay: N350,000- N450,000 per month|
How to Apply
Important Information and Notice
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line “SVN2022.005 Abuja. National Infrastructure Officer“
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 14th February 2022.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.