There are so many unheard voices around the world, even till date, and this is why Google and PRX are awarding $12,000 with mentorship to help podcasters achieve their dreams.
Podcast, previously known as audio blogging, began to gain popular interest in 2004. And ever since then, voices have risen to podcast around the world.
The Google Podcast creator program has been announced to kick off for 2020! The program aims at providing resources for podcasters whose voices have been unheard.
Eligibility for the Google Podcast creator program
- The program for this year, welcomes podcasters from around the world.
- Applicants must have produced at least five episodes of their podcast since January 2019.
- Entries are open to whoever wants to improve their skills and be heard.
- Participants are allowed to be part of a 12-week virtual training, hosted by PRX alongside international industry experts and Google Podcasts creator program alumni.
Benefits of being a part of Google Podcast creator program
- Constant review on all aspects of their production – editorial and technical input, inclusive.
- They would be trained on topics such as storytelling, sound design, and connecting with an audience via specific strategies.
- Tools would be given to help personal production needs, in spite of the challenging circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic
- They would be given $12,000 in funding for production use.
Before you proceed, kindly consider these opportunities below:
- AdamStart COVINATOR Teen Prize 2020
- UNICEF Internship Programme for All Nationalities, 2020
- How to apply for the ongoing 2020 Nigerian Police Recruitment
- First City Monument Bank (FCMB) AgriTech Epic Pitch 2020 for Entrepreneurs (₦1.5M Grant)
- Erupt! 2020 Art Competition ($8,000 in prizes)
- Know Innovate Transform (KIT) Impact Challenge 2020
How To Apply for Google Podcast creator program
The Cohorts below show different timelines that the program will be taken. The application will enlighten you on which cohorts you may not be able to attend.
Cohort One: September 21, 2020 – December 4, 2020
Cohort Two: January 25, 2021 – April 16, 2021
Cohort Three: May 3, 2021 – July 23, 2021
Go through our opportunity archive for more programmers, awards and grants you may be willing to apply for.
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
📱 Read Offline with our Web App