|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Services Assistant – All Interested Candidates (GSO Assistant)
Announcement Number: Abuja-2022-080
Appointment Type: Permanent
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series/Grade: LE – 0105 7
Promotion Potential: LE-7
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
- The incumbent serves as the Assistant to the Supervisory General Officer (S/GSO), and two General Services Officers (GSO).
- Incumbent provides day-to-day administrative management and support oversight of GSO operations, including drafting correspondences, maintaining files, receiving/escorting victors, making travel arrangements and maintaining appointment calendars.
- Coordinates the Time and Attendance for the GSO staff and assists with the coordination of the Meetings of GSO sub-sections.
|SEE ALSO: Front Desk Receptionist at Dangote Group|
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of Public Administration, Law and Criminology, Business Related Studies, Secretarial Studies, Sociology or related fields is required.
- Note: NYSC Certificate or Exemption document is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in administrative and in a customer-focused work environment is required.
- Thorough knowledge of administrative and office procedures is required.
- Knowledge of Nigeria customs and working practices (e.g. cultivating relationship with government and private sector contact, bargaining practices), as well as a general structure of Nigerian administrative offices is required.
- This may be tested. Applicants must specify level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluency in Reading/Writing/Speaking English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellence interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to work with others in providing clear, concise guidance and be able to respond with courtesy in handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to effectively plan meetings and manage projects.
- Must be able to prioritize work and be flexible when dealing with urgent/non-standard situations.
- Must be an analytic thinker, a problem-solving, and have a can-do attitude.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.>) and good keyboarding skills with emphasis on accuracy is required.
Equal Employment and Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application.
- Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights
|SEE ALSO: Admin Assistant at Perfection Motor Company Limited|
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
Remuneration/salary: N6,455,212 (USD38,894)
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Deadline: 18th July, 2022.
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process.
- To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement.
- Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- NYSC Certificate and Exemption document
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email