|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS) is the main funding arm of the Ekiti State Government charged with the responsibility of collecting taxes and other revenues. The State’s Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) has massively increased as a result of strategies implemented and programs pioneered by EKIRS. This, in great measure, has positively impacted revenue generation and collection.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Direct Assessment
Location: Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface with new growth and relationship management units and all other available means to gather a concise database of all taxpayers subject to Direct Assessment
- Periodically update the database and ensure it includes a significant percentage of all major direct assessment taxpayers in Ekiti State
- Make sure that all major taxpayers are captured in the Revenue’s central database.
- Ensure that tax liabilities agreed to with the individual taxpayer are a fair reflection of the income earned by the taxpayer
- Interface with the tax audit, database management unit, and Head of Legal to ensure the best results
- At every opportunity, leverage technology and the Revenue’s database in performing tasks
- For the team; Communicate job expectations and monitor performance in line with HR policies.
- Regular communications with Director PIT on team achievements and challenges
- Ensure all key processes within the unit are properly documented, key risk areas identified, and mitigating controls are put in place and constantly monitored
- Establish a scientific and systematic approach within the statutory regulations, in determining the tax assessed on each taxpayer
- To manage team members, and with the support of the HR unit ensure they are adequately trained and have the resources required to deliver on their tasks
- Any other task that may be assigned by the Director, PIT
|SEE ALSO: Apply: Programme Manager, Schools at KwaraLEARN (Government of Kwara State)|
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field
- ICAN ACCA or its equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years cognate experience in tax administration (at least two of which have been in a lead role) and at least 4 of which were specifically in Personal Income Tax administration.
- Conversant in the preparation and analysis of financial statements
- Very strong analytical skills Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should their updated CV and Application Letter with a heading indicating the job being applied for to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- The Revenue is looking to engage highly motivated and goal-oriented staff who meet the criteria as stated in the job descriptions attached.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview(s) which may be virtual or physical, towards making a final selection
Deadline: 24th June, 2022.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.