|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other categories protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Higher Project Support Officer
Job Ref.: 12/21 ABJ
Grade: C4 (L)
Start Date: 1st October 2021
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 6 months
End Date: 31st March 2022
Type of Post: British High Commission
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: Communications, Press and Media
|SEE ALSO: Vacancies at Aspom Travel, UBA | N60,000 – N80,000 monthly.|
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
- The post-holder will lead aspects of project management under the direction of the Senior Public Health Advisor to ensure the coordination and delivery of identified outputs.
- The post holder will play a crucial role in supporting the various projects within the work plan agreed with the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and other partners, ensuring activities are delivered on time, within scope and resource allocation.
- The post-holder will also support a number of PHE technical teams including (but not limited to) the National Infection Service (NIS), the Emergency Response Department and in-country Technical Advisors.
- The post holder will also line manage an IHR Project Administrator post.
- This post offers an excellent opportunity to gain exposure and experience working in a fast-paced and innovative environment and is an ideal chance for someone looking to begin a career in project and programme management.
- The ideal candidate must have a flexible approach to meet the needs of the service, be able to work to tight deadlines, be a good multitasker and be able to handle a number of competing priorities at any one time.
- This post will be based in Abuja with possible travel to other areas of Nigeria as relevant.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide operational and project management oversight to the Nigeria IHR Strengthening Project team
- Proactively capturing changes in operational ways of working and incorporating these into the project’s SOPs.
- Track country-level programme activity and coordinating the Nigeria project management team to ensure activities and deliverables are achieved on time and within budget.
- In liaison with the Country Lead, lead on maintaining financial oversight of delegated project budget, forecasting and financial communications with the UK-based team
- In collaboration with the UK-based team, lead the project monitoring and evaluation processes in-country
- Troubleshoot for Country Leads for technical and operational issues
- Lead on identifying and managing local risks that could impact project delivery
- Act as a primary focal point for PHEs engagement with local logistical suppliers and lead on ensuring relationships and ways of working are reviewed at regular intervals
- Effectively communicate issues arising with the IHR Strengthening Project Manager(s)
- Coordinate the planning and organising of high-level meetings and workshops
- Lead the induction of new staff
- Write briefings and reports as required
- Contribute to the authorship of peer-reviewed publications
- Deputise for the Country Lead in meetings where required
- Line manage project support staff as required
- The above is only an outline of the tasks, responsibilities and outcomes required of the role. You will carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required by the directorate.
- The job description and person specification may be reviewed on an ongoing basis in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
- Identify, discuss and action your own professional performance and training/development needs with your line manager through appraisal / individual development plan. Attending internal/external training events
- To participate in all mandatory training as required, i.e. fire safety, information governance and all other mandatory training.
|SEE ALSO: Latest Recruitment at Ecobank Nigeria | How to Apply|
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience or training in project management.
- Experience in financial management and reporting
- Understanding of and demonstrable experience of apply monitoring and evaluation techniques to project management
- Demonstrable experience of good stakeholder management
- Knowledge of project management, information analysis and Agile ways of working
- Experience drafting briefing papers, reports and presentations to a high level
- Experience in interpreting and implementing corporate policy e.g. HR policies and procedures.
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity and good working relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills on complex matters, often requiring persuasion and influence.
- Ability to analyse and interpret information and recommend appropriate actions.
- Ability to work on own initiative and organise own workload without supervision working to tight and often changing timescales.
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to cope with uncertainty and change.
|SEE ALSO: Apply: Administrative Officer at Edo State College of Nursing Sciences|
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role in project/ programme management in the public sector or with bilateral/multilateral organisations.
- Understanding of global health including the health challenges of low- and middle-income countries and the international health architecture.
- Understanding of PHE
- Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace, Engaging Internationally.
NGN879,967.44 / Month.
Deadline: 16th August 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.