|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistician – U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs)
Announcement Number: Lagos-2023-045
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Promotion Potential: FP-7
Series/Grade: FP – 0805 7
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 07. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
- Security Clearance Required: Secret/Confidential Clearance
- Appointment Type: Temporary
- Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed (5 years)
|SEE ALSO: Dangote Graduate Trainee Programme for Young Nigerians|
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required:
- 25% or less
- Occasional travel is required which may include Danger Posts
- The incumbent Provides technical security support and services to posts in its respective geographic region.
- Manages the ESC/ESO inventory and is responsible for supply chain management, logistics operations, procurement, and inventory reconciliation of technical systems and equipment maintained by the ESC/ESO at its post of residence and constituent posts throughout the region.
- Assists with office administrative duties, travel arrangements, and tracking the office travel budget.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Completion of High School, Secondary School, or equivalent academic qualification is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of logistics and/or administrative experience gained in an office setting is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify in your application your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- English Fluent (Reading/Writing/Speaking) is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
|SEE ALSO: FG, NDE Lagos State Unemployment Registration Exercise 2023|
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on the letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date, and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Salary: USD 40,488 / Month
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Deadline: 5th May 2023.
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.