|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion-dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operator
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Reports To: Shift Team Lead
Seniority Level: Non-management
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The individual is responsible to ensure their equipment is operated and maintained at base conditions and improvements required to reach goals are executed.
- Making sure that Process activities within the complex under his jurisdiction are carried out correctly to meet volume demand and quality specifications in line with best practices, at an effective cost, in a hygienic and safe working environment.
- The individual is a member of the Operating (Autonomous) Team.
|SEE ALSO: HR Assistant at the US Embassy|
What You Will Be Accountable For
Role model leadership, inclusion, and 5E’s:
- Participate in project delivery and execution.
- Participate in a monthly performance review with the Shift team lead and a quarterly review with the Line lead using a scorecard/PAP.
- Participate in monthly/Quarterly department team meetings/briefings
- Participate in Shift Transition Meeting and Planned Stop huddles/critiques, per the Site DDS DMS.
- Work with other Module equipment owners to maintain cohesive, responsive, and flexible organization.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is completed and applicable company policies are complied.
Rigorous application of IWS tools / execute standards:
- Deliver operational KPIs for Run to Target DMS execution.
- Use Risk Prediction whenever you are performing a non-routine task on your equipment (i.e. defect fixing).
- Drives safety defects through completion with a high sense of urgency
- Tracks stop daily and continue to drive out STOPS
- Submits notifications for defects equipment owner is unable to fix and continues to follow up until defect is repaired.
- Submits notifications for defects he/she is unable to fix on his own equipment and continues to follow up until the defect is repaired.
- Ensures that defects are FOUND and FIXED daily.
- Ensures that the CIL is driving the elimination of unplanned breakdowns
- Ensures CIL is updated when there are learnings (i.e. breakdowns, process failures, etc.).
- Drive and support the delivery of PQCDSM – Production, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale.
- Uses UPS tools (6W2H, Why-Why) for chronic stops to ELIMINATE them
- Maintains procedures for C/O for their equipment current and drives improvements to optimize c/o time.
- Participates in Breakdown Elimination and leads improvements to eliminate reoccurring BDs.
- Runs equipment at the centreline and can explain deviations
|SEE ALSO: Administrative Officer at MacTay Consulting|
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of cigarette making or packing machinery with at least 2 years of “hands-on” experience in running these machines in a production environment
- Academic qualification in City & Guilds (Engineering/Manufacturing/Transport Maintenance), NABTEB (Technical Trade), or National Diploma (Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics) from a recognised institution.
- Knows the cigarette and pack components, their individual functions and their relevance for consumers
- Identifies how the different elements of the cigarette/product design compose the smoking experience
- Routinely/daily aware of Quality performance information and data analysis to either sustain or improve Product Quality.
- Demonstrates an understating of key processes relating to Quality in their area of Supply Chain.
- Strong working knowledge of technical training, fault finding, and troubleshooting techniques on both Making and Packing machines will be essential to the success of the role. Overall strong defects finding and fixing around High loss areas.
- Understands the link between Process Control Strategy (PCS) and CLs & CILs
- A high degree of interpersonal skill will be required to establish credentials and to pass on knowledge and experience to newer team members
Competitive salary package + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.