|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. It provides expert advice, and training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Headquartered in New York City, the status of UNDP is that of an executive board within the United Nations General Assembly. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states. The organization operates in 177 countries, where it works with local governments to meet development challenges and develop local capacity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement & Administrative Analyst
Job ID: 3659
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Schedule: Full time
Vacancy Type: Fixed Term
Bureau: Regional Bureau for Africa
Practice Area: Management
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility of extension
Required Languages: English
Desired Languages: Hausa
Vacancy Timeline: 2 Weeks
- Under the guidance of the Administrative & Finance Officer in Borno, the Procurement & Administrative Analyst is responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of procurement, general administration, logistical and common services support to OCHA/Nigeria country office and procurement support to West & Central Africa (WCA) region consistent with UN rules and regulations.
- The Procurement & Administrative Analyst leads and provides guidance to OCHA Nigeria CO and WCA region, fostering effective collaboration within the teams, with relevant OCHA and UNDP counterparts at headquarters and in the field, and with other UN agencies, promoting a client-oriented approach and ensuring optimal performance and efficient delivery of services.
|SEE ALSO: HSE Officer at ENGIE Energy Access|
- The purpose of this position is to have an impact on the overall efficiency of the Country Office including improved business results and client services. Forward-looking operations management has an impact on the organization of office management, knowledge sharing, and information provision.
Duties & Responsibilities
Within delegated authority, the Procurement & Administrative Analyst shall be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide procurement support to Nigeria CO and the West and Central Africa (WCA) region
- Provide administrative support to Nigeria CO
- Provide Travel support to Nigeria CO
Provide procurement support to Nigeria CO and West and Central Africa (WCA) with the following expected results:
- Full compliance of operations with UN/OCHA/UNDP rules, regulations and policies, effective implementation of corporate operational strategies, achievement of management targets, monitoring and reporting of results.
- Serve as Procurement Focal point for OCHA NG, interfacing with HQ regarding all procurement matters.
- Implement Procurement Delegation of Authority for all procurement requests with a maximum amount of 50,000 USD for OCHA Nigeria
- Under the same above Delegation, serve also as Procurement Case officer/OCHA Buyer WCA for all procurement requests below 50,000 USD for the West and Central Africa region
- Perform procurement functions under 50,000 USD DoA for OCHA Nigeria, Niger, Burkina Faso, CAR and the other country offices within the region.
- Advice and support requisitioners on the development of terms of reference, technical criteria, technical evaluation
- Ensure day-to-day support and coordination for all procurement arrangements with local service providers & ensure that common service agreements (cleaning, security, health facilities, vehicle maintenance etc) are properly implemented and services are to the standards required
- Perform periodic market research to obtain the latest development in the market in order to make the best out of every market
- Ensure compliance to contractual agreements, recommend contract amendments, an extension of the contract, and termination where necessary.
- Prepare various procurement-related documents such as memos, RF, SSP, written contracts, contract amendment and extension, purchase orders, and other communications and guidelines.
- Procurement actions taken in accordance with the principles of good planning and overall strategic objectives established by OCHA management, using best practices in sourcing, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management and the use of performance measurement benchmarks
- Attend bi-weekly procurement forum with the capacity to present when required
- Advise clients (requesting country office) on the best procurement approach most suitable to secure a sustainable supply chain.
- Manage the application of procurement modality in terms of Piggybacking, Contract Extension, Contract Amendment, etc
- Recommend strategies and innovative ideas to resolve, most economically, (achieving the best value for money) complex procurement requests
- Signing of procurement orders (POs) subject to the Delegation of Authority and in the case where the amount exceeds the authorized limit, preparing case synopsis for review and approval by an authorized official.
|SEE ALSO: Account Officer at MacTay Consulting|
Provide administrative support to Nigeria CO with the following expected results:
- Oversee Contract, Lease Agreement, MOU, and all contract amendments/extension
- Established and maintained procurement matrix for effective monitoring of ongoing contracts, MOUs and Lease Agreement
- Knowledge building and sharing with regards to general administrative operations, contributing to OCHA’s best practices.
- Letters and other correspondence relating to administrative activities drafted and related reports prepared for internal use
- Plan and organize office events including retreats, meetings and other events and ensure that all participants are informed in advance and that the necessary logistics are in place including the booking of venues, hotels etc
- Supervise the work and manage the performance of the Administrate support staff
Provide Travel support to Nigeria CO with the following expected results:
- The National Administrative Officer has the role of Travel Administrator, thus he/she will take responsibility to submit Travel Requests/Expense Reports into the OCHA ERP system “Umoja”.
- Prepare travel requests (TR) and expense reports (ER) on behalf of national staff in the OCHA ERP system “Umoja”.
- Closely follow up on all issues related to staff travel (domestic & international) and office/staff compliance with the security procedures
|SEE ALSO: Latest Recruitment at United Nigeria Airlines|
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or the equivalent) in Business Administration, Accounting or a similarly related field.
- Professional qualifications in finance/accounting/Administration and knowledge of UN financial rules and regulations are added advantages.
- Up to 2 years of relevant professional experience in business/public administration, finance, Human Resources or other related areas.
- Good knowledge of Procurement / Supply Chain Management Administration/Operations is required. Experience working with the UN or other international organizations is desirable.
- Experience in using the UN ERP system (Umoja) in the area of procurement and travel is highly desirable. Good computer skills (Windows, MS Word, Excel/Spreadsheets, the internet/Web) are required
- Fluency in oral and written English; knowledge of other official UN languages is an advantage. Knowledge of the local language (Hausa) is desirable.
- Achieve Results – LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by the deadline
- Think Innovatively – LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is a pragmatic problem-solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously – LEVEL 1: Open-minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility – LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination – LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, ability to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner – LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion – LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Functional & Technical competencies
- Business Management – Monitoring: Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results
- Business Management – Customer Satisfaction/Client Management: Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs. Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy. Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests. Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
- Business Management – Communication: Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience. Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels
- Business Development – Integration within the UN: Ability to identity, and integrate capacity and assets of the UN system, and engage in joint work; knowledge of the UN System and ability to apply this knowledge to strategic and/or practical situations
- Business Management – Operations Management:Ability to effectively plan, organize, and oversee the Organization’s business processes to convert its assets into the best results in the most efficient manner. Knowledge of relevant concepts and mechanisms.
- Business Direction & Strategy – Entrepreneurial Thinking: Ability to create clarity around UNDP value proposition to beneficiaries and partners and to develop service offers responding to client needs to be based on UNDP’s organizational priorities and mandate
- Business Direction & Strategy – Effective Decision Making: Ability to make decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Candidates selected pursuant to this vacancy may be subject to UNDP’s policy on Probation upon assignment
Deadline: 27th May 2022, 04:59 AM.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.