|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Assistant (Livelihoods), G5
Requisition ID: 274003
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Fixed Term
Department: Programme & Policy
- WFP has supported livelihoods and resilience building interventions in Northeast Nigeria since 2018, in Borno Adamawa and Yobe (BAY) states.
- Livelihoods and Resilience building activities are the main thrust of SO2 of the Country Strategic Plan (CSP), whose goal is to support vulnerable populations in targeted areas become more resilient to shocks and are able to meet their basic food needs throughout the year.
- Under SO2, WFP supports early recovery and resilience building through Food for Asset creation and preservation, increased livelihood opportunities and enhanced agricultural value chains.
- This is achieved through 3 different modalities: (i) In-kind food assistance, (ii) Cash Based Transfer and (iii) capacity strengthening through transfer of assets and resources to affected population.
- Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Programme Policy Officer (Livelihoods and Resilience), the Programme Assistant will provide effective support to programme activities that effectively meet objectives of building resilience of vulnerable households for food and nutrition security.
|SEE ALSO: 5 Job Opportunities You Should Apply For As We Start The Year|
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Provide technical support and assist in the implementation of various livelihood and resilience activities and processes, supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide specialized project management support to livelihood and resilience programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g., food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends / issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation, and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Monitoring activities planning and implementation at the CO and provide support to the FOs and report progress periodically to the head of section for his / her information, reflections and actions.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely progress reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, including donor specific visibility content.
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to ensure efficient delivery of livelihood interventions. 6. Contribute to program communications through good research, analysis of assigned area of work and timely preparation and distribution of information products to target audience(s). 7. Support the capacity building of staff, cooperating partners and national government on WFP livelihood planning and designing tools among others.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility including CBT and technical related queries from beneficiaries.
- Others as determined by the line manager.
|SEE ALSO: NITDA Begins NAVSA Empowerment Programme In Katsina|
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- A University Degree in International Development, Agricultural Economics, Nutrition / Health, General Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences, or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
Desired Experiences For Entry Into The Role:
- Exposure to and experience with implementation of agriculture and livestock, watershed management, Natural Resource Management, International Development, Social Protection and planning, participatory approaches, and community-led change projects; food security, nutrition programmes and safety nets desirable.
- Exposure to and experience with food security, nutrition programmes and safety nets desirable.
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and experience in using geographic information systems is an advantage.
- Ability to cope with situations which may threaten health or safety.
- Flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal desk description.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Good analytical skills; resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgement, tact, negotiating skills; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to work in a team, and establish effective working relations with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds.
|SEE ALSO: DPR (Department of Petroleum Resources) Recruitment: Requirements and How to Apply|
Terms And Conditions
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only Nigerian nationals or holders of valid residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position. (For G level positions, for NO level position candidates must be Nigerian Nationals)
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Deadline: 23rd January, 2023.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.