|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) is the government agency with the mandate to coordinate the surveillance, detection and response to infectious disease outbreaks. Over the last three years, NCDC has deployed a new tool for disease surveillance. The Surveillance, Outbreak Response Management and Analysis System (SORMAS) is a system jointly developed between the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) to improve disease surveillance as well as detection and management of outbreaks and thus strengthen the public health service in Nigeria.
In delivering on our mandate to lead the preparedness, detection and response to infectious diseases outbreaks and public health emergencies, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) intends to enhance its surveillance System through the Pan Respiratory Disease Surveillance (PRDS) Project.
|SEE ALSO: Latest Vacancy at Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company|
In this regard, and compliance with the PPA 2007, the Centre in collaboration with United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC) is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Officer
Scope of Work
The services to be rendered include the following:
- Assists the Project Manager in implementing the PRSD Project and other related-project activities;
- Supports the project manager to develop program descriptions and terms of reference for all program activities in the PRDS project.
- Assists to review and operationalize findings and recommendations from the One Health Zoonotic Disease Prioritization workshop.
- Assists to develop integrated case investigation forms for respiratory diseases configured to SORMAS and support deployment to relevant sectors.
- Assists to map existing respiratory disease surveillance, data management systems, and interoperability through desk review, personal interviews, and visits to States and local government health leadership, health facilities, laboratories, and communities.
The applicant must possess the following:
- First Degree in Biological and Medical Sciences (B.Sc in Microbiology, Biology, Zoology, Biochemistry; MBBS, MBBCh, etc with at least a year of service with experience in Public Health Institute or Public Health Projects.
- Sound time management skills and capacity to balance competing priorities;
- Work well in a team environment and able to work independently;
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines;
- Strong computer skills including expertise in Word, Powerpoint, and other relevant computer packages and platforms.
- Excellent English Writing and Communication Skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
|SEE ALSO: Accounts Officer at Dangote Group|
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should provide their best offer and respond to this request in a sealed envelope with their Name and Address written boldly on the back of the envelope.
This is to be submitted at the following address:
Nigeria Centre for Disease Control,
Plot 801, Ebitu Ukiwe Street,
Attention: The Head (Procurement), CC: Head (Human Resources)
Opening of Submission:
- The proposals submitted will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission, at the Office of Head (Procurement), Procurement Office NCDC Headquarters, Ground floor, in the presence of the applicants or their representatives.
- The submission must be in English Language and signed by the applicant;
- Submission made after the deadline for submission shall be returned un-opened
Deadline: Friday; 19th August 2022 (on or before 12 noon).
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.