The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Regional Coordinator & Head of Kano Office (01/23KAN)
Grade: Grade 7 (G7)
Type of Position: Fixed Term, Full-time
Working hours per week: 35
Duration of Post: 36 months
Type of Post British Consulate
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Programme Roles)
Start Date: 1 May 2023
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
- The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO Nigeria) is responsible for managing the British Government’s contribution to development, diplomacy and defence in Nigeria, with the objective of supporting subnational governments and collaborating with development partners at federal and state levels to reduce poverty.
- FCDO Nigeria is looking for a vibrant, dynamic, well experienced and committed Nigerian to lead delivery of results for FCDO as Regional Coordinator and Head of the Kano Office and having oversight of FCDO operations and activities in the North-West region of the country. This is an exciting opportunity to represent the organisation to some of the most senior Nigerian and UK Government stakeholders and drive forward results in Kano and the North-West region of Nigeria.
|SEE ALSO: How To Successfully Login To NDLEA Recruitment 2023 Portal
Roles and Responsibilities
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Group here.
- Develop effective relationships with Government officials, Politicians and Political Office holders, Development partners, Civil society, Traditional and Religious Institutions and other important non-state actors to effectively influence approach(es) to development and diplomacy; as well as representing FCDO at high level policy and programme discussions in Kano and the North-West region.
- Drive forward FCDO political, policy and programme objectives in Kano state including on results, programme coordination, political and policy analysis. Liaising with the Sub-National Team Lead and Abuja political team to provide real time political updates.
- Lead the coordination and coherence of FCDO Nigeria’s work in Kano state. Lead FCDO’s work covering a broad range of political influencing and political economy analysis; development programming agenda including human development, social protection, economic growth, governance, and conflict reduction programmes.
- Drive forward Strategic Dialogue (SD) and Mutual Accountability Framework (MAF) engagements with Kano State and work collaboratively with government, programme implementing partners and donors to deliver on agreed commitments. Job holder will work with the Sub-National Team Leader and Security team to manage security risks effectively, when bringing colleagues and senior leadership to Kano state to participate in the strategic dialogue and mutual accountability engagements.
- Own and support the design, implementation, and monitoring of key programmes within Kano state and wider North-West engagements as and when required.
|SEE ALSO: 7 Top Opportunities Open to Applications from Youths in March 2023
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of Honours Degree from an internationally recognised University
- Good Leadership skills and competencies and experienced in programme management – particularly in the development sector /international community.
- Proficient in English (both written and verbal).
- Higher understanding of the current climate in the North West region.
- Proven cultural, social and political sensitivity of working in Northern Nigeria, with various stakeholders, and with a good working knowledge of Hausa.
- Location: The post holder will be based in Kano but expected to travel regularly across the North-West, to Abuja, and any other state locations (security permitting).
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience working within the international donor community and/or INGOs
- Programme /Protfolio Management qualifications and certifications
- Ability to communicate clearly in Hausa language and understanding of cultural nuances:
- Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Leadership, Communicating and Influencing, Working Together.
Salary: USD 58,629.18 per annum.
Other benefits and conditions of employment
- Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 16:30, Friday 08:00 – 13:00
- If the job is suitable for flexible working patterns, please provide details:
|SEE ALSO: GTBank Graduate Trainee Program 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Deadline: 23rd March, 2023.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Honorary Consulate in Kano, Nigeria will neverrequest any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- The current legacy DFID Terms and Conditions of Employment will apply to all internal locally employed staff on promotion and new entrants subject to local employment labour law.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to:
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British Honorary Consulate in Kano, Nigeria does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
Support & InsightsDo you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.