Job Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Job ID: 28391
Salary Grade: G5
Hardship Level: C
Family Location Type: Family
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
- The Senior Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the office where the position is located.
- The Senior Administrative Assistant normally has no direct supervisory functions though it rests upon the supervisor of the post to make time specific arrangements subject to a given situation.
- The incumbent will always function under the direct supervision of a Senior Officer often an Administrative Officer, who is required to monitor the performance of the incumbent and provide regular guidance.
- S/he may liaise with local suppliers and/or officials and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
- All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks.
- In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
|SEE ALSO: Apply: Senior Finance Assistant at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Assist in interpreting and processing of entitlements, issuance of contracts and maintenance of various personnel records and files.
- Attend meetings on day-to-day admin matters; administer the movement of UNHCR staff members and monitor their attendance records, leave plans, overtime and visa requirements.
- Search office files and records relating to a variety of topics for information and reference. Select information and records in specified format or on the basis of general instructions for use by others in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers, project or programme plans and general reference documents.
- Assist in requisition of office supplies, equipment and arrange for distribution together with the appropriate inventory records.
- Assist in administrative formalities related to travel arrangements and issuance/ renewal of visas, licences, travel arrangements and other similar documents.
- Draft correspondence and reports, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility; Type correspondence, documents and reports, some of which may be highly confidential.
- Arrange appointments and maintain supervisor’s calendar, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and answer queries with discretion; Keep lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of ministers, government officials and members of the diplomatic corps.
- Assist the management to organise and run UNHCR Office and Residential (wherever applicable) compounds.
- Facilitate various official missions of UNHCR staff and other persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Prepare attestations and certificates required by the staff members for the signature of the senior officer.
- Assist in processing MIP and various other claims by UNHCR staff and other clients of UNHCR.
- Perform other related duties as required.
|SEE ALSO: Apply: Admin Associate at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Education & Professional Work Experience (Years of Experience / Degree Level):
- For G5 – 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1-year relevant work experience with Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or higher.
Field(s) of Education:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Group here.
- Not specified.
Certificates and/or Licenses:
- Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related fields.
Relevant Job Experience (Essential):
- Not specified.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- IT-Computer Literacy
- UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures
- UN-UN/UNHCR Financial Rules and Regulations and Procedures
- IT-PeopleSoft Application.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation.
- Not specified.
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
|SEE ALSO: Apply: Senior Press and Public Affairs Officer at the British High Commission (BHC)
Procedures and Eligibility
- Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
- Applicants must be nationals of, and be locally recruited within the country of their employment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Deadline: 11:59 pm: 28th July 2021.
Note: This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
Support & InsightsDo you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.