African Youth Networks Movement (AYNM) is now accepting entries from young African creatives for its upcoming publication – COVID-19: In My City. Each of the top 4 selections will receive $500 amongst other prizes.
The COVID-19: In My City Contest aims to gather, publish and disseminate a rich collection of narratives on COVID-19 experiences across African cities as voiced and lived by young people between the ages of 18-35.
The African Youth Networks Movement (AYNM) seeks to empower youth networks throughout Africa to collectively harness their experience, knowledge, and expertise towards the development of the continent. Led by Mrs Graḉa Machel, AYNM is incubated under the Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) and aims to spur growth and prosperity, strengthen democratic governance, and enhance peace and stability across the continent.
- Open to African citizens based on the continent;
- Be aged between 18-35;
- Submission should be based on experience in an African city, in the following categories:
- Non- fiction
- Visual art
The top 20 selected submission will be:
- Featured prominently in the publication.
- Be a part of a fast-growing community of youth leaders featured in our publication.
- Get access to media amplification and profiling.
- Get updates on a wide range of opportunities within the network.
The top 4 selections will:
- Receive $500 each.
- Get access to exclusive AYNM events.
- Access to 1-1 mentorship.
- And have an intimate intergenerational conversation with Founders, Mrs Graça Machel and Dr Nkosana Moyo.
How to Submit
Submissions should be in the following format:
- Written word submissions of 1500 words maximum (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese and Swahili) or;
- Images not more than 20MP;
- A visual or audio clip, not more than 2 minutes (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Swahili).
The deadline for the submission of entries is 30th September 2020.
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
📵 Read Offline with our Web App