Bakwa 10th Family Issue is currently open for entries.
Do you know a thing or two about family? Is there a point where a friend becomes your sister or brother? Can brothers and sisters become strangers? What are the intriguing things about family? How does it (family) make and unmake us?
This questions are what constitutes exactly what is expected from you in Bakwa 10th Family Issue. Bakwa wants your poetry, fiction and nonfiction.
Deadline: April 1, 2020.
- Bakwa seeks important stories on ‘Family’.
- Submit in English, French and Pidgin English only.
- No entry fee required.
How to submit to Bakwa 10th Family Issue:
- Unpublished short fiction should not exceed 3000 words,
- Creative nonfiction, between 750 and 7000 words.
- Send between 4 – 8 poems.
- Or an insightful music, book, or film review that is between 750 words and 3000 words.
- Or a pack of high quality photographs which capture the human condition. You could also send in original arts or cartoons which deal with real events.
- Make sure that your short fiction, creative nonfiction, or poetry submissions relate to the theme of ‘Family’.
- At the end of the document, include your biography and email address.
- Send the document as an attachment, together with a head-shot of yourself, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be paid $25 for each accepted piece.
For more information, visit their Bakwa’s official website.