> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
The Barnhill Prize honors Anne’s generous spirit of support for all who love to read and write. Anne impacted on people with her writings.
About Barnhill Prize Essay Contest
Editors would determine the first 10 finalist essays. Finalist essays would then be read by an outside judge; who is not part of the judging panel, to select one winning essay.
The author of the winning essay is to receive a cash award of $250. The winner has ten days to accept the award. The deadline for submission is July 31, 2020.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
Eligibility for Barnhill Prize Essay Contest
- The competition is open to writers in English language, whether published or unpublished.
- Previous winners of this award are not eligible to win again or to apply for another competition under Barnhill Prize.
- Writers must be residents of North America.
- Guidelines for the Barnhill Prize Essay
- Anyone who is a current or previous student or anyone who know any of the judges of the competition personally should not apply.
- Essays should be double-spaced and have be a maximum of 3,500 words in length.
- Barnhill would recognize outstanding creative nonfiction that reflects their mission and vision.
- Essays are only accepted through their Submittable online platform.
- Please be sure essay pages are numbered and that your name is NOT on the document that is your essay.
- Before submitting, make sure to use a standard and easy-to-read font such as Times New Roman in twelve-point size.
- Essays should not have been previously published before submission, whether on online or paperback platforms.
- Authors may submit more than one essay to the competition for consideration as long as no material is duplicated between submissions. Each submission will require a separate entry fee.
- Essays under consideration for this competition may be submitted elsewhere at the same time but once accepted elsewhere for publication, please withdraw your essay if it from this competition.
- The final judge of the competition would not be aware of the names or publication records of the authors.
Click here to apply.
- Opportunity: Submit to Jalada 09 Anthology, themed Nostalgia
- Opportunity: Embassy of Ireland’s Bloomsday Writing Competition
Follow ACEworld Publishers on Twitter for more opportunities, latest educational, career and literary news. Click the button below.
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.