Words Rhymes & Rhythm Publishers invites poets from Nigeria, Africa and all over the world to enter their poems for the July 2018 edition of the BRIGITTE POIRSON POETRY CONTEST (BPPC). This month’s theme is ‘JOURNEYING’.
Participants should note that Judges will consider ORIGINALITY, WORD
ECONOMY, adherence to THEME, CREATIVITY in LANGUAGE and STYLE as well
as the use of LITERARY DEVICES in the poems.
Prize to be won:
- The winning poem will be awarded a cash prize of N8000, a certificate of award and a copy of the BPPC 2018 anthology
- All top 10 poems will be automatically entered for the Albert Jungers Poetry Prize (AJPP) 2018
- All top 10 poems will be published in the annual BPPC 2018 anthology
- All top 10 poets will receive a free copy of the BPPC 2018 anthology
- Contestants are invited to submit one poem on the theme
- Submissions should be sent to SUBMISSIONS@WRR.NG
- All entries must be the original work of the poet submitting it
- No ATTACHMENTS. Please submit the poem and other details as the body of the mail
- The CONTESTANT NAME, CONTEST MONTH, & POEM TITLE must be
mentioned clearly, as the subject of the e-mail. For example: ‘Abubakar
Nnamdi Adekunle, BPPC July 2018, ‘MY VISION’
- The maximum length of the poem should be 28 lines (plus the title).
Poems exceeding this length, or having excessively long lines, will be
- Authors must provide their full names and Facebook ID [for identification]and a 50-100 word biography in the body of the e-mail
- Submission deadline is 11:59 PM Friday, August 24, 2018.
- Poems containing profanity, racism or vulgarity will be automatically disqualified
- The poems will be judged based on their artistic quality and creativity
- The judges’ decision is final and under no circumstances will they
enter into any correspondence with entrants regarding their decisions
- The copyright of each submission remains with its owner but we
retain the right to publish ALL and ANY entry in the annual BPPC
- Poets resident in any part of the world are eligible
- No entry fee required
- Past winners may enter for the competition, but a poet can only one
once in a calendar year (Season). If a past winner makes the TOP 10, the
poems will ONLY be awarded a certificate and be featured in the
Read more about the theme and contest from the organizer here