You can now submit your 10 best poems for this year's Brunel International African Poetry Prize, a prize set to celebrate, promote and reward an African poet with £3,000.
Brunel International African Poetry Prize works closely with the African Poetry Book Fund (APBF). Most poets who have been nominated and/won have published chapbooks with the African Poetry Book Fund. This prize is sponsored by Brunel University London.
Submission Guidelines for the Brunel International African Poetry Prize
- Poem must be original work of the entrant
- Poems must be single spaced
- There is no stipulation as to the font or size
- Each entrant must submit 10 poems, no poem should however exceed 30 lines
- Poets must write in English. Percentage of prize will be given to translator for translated poems.
- Poems must be emailed in a single word document attachment (not PDF), with an index cover page that contains the entrants’ name, nationality, country of birth, full address including country of permanent residence, personal email address, and telephone number.
- The name of the documents must be the name of the poet.
- The poem may have been previously published or won previous awards but not as a full length poetry book.
Prizes for the Brunel International African Poetry Prize
- Publication for both the winner and shortlisted poets.
Before you proceed to submit, see related literary prizes/opportunities below:
- Afritondo Short Story Prize 2021 | Prize: $1000
- CFW Freedom Magazine Call for Submission | Prize: N100,000 + Publication
- #EndSARS Poetry Contest 2020 | Prize: N25,000
- V International Playwriting Contest | Prize: €10000
- Shuzia Creative Writing Contest | $250 Cash Prize
How to Submit
- All entries should be submitted to BUAPP@brunel.ac.uk via e-mail.
Deadline for submission for the Brunel International African Poetry Prize is November 30, 2020.