|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
Boys Are Not Stone Initiative is delighted to announce the call for submissions for its third Anthology “Boys Are Not Stones III—Anatomy of Boys, Men and Others”. This initiative is geared towards creating awareness, giving voice and showing concern that the boys are not immune to abuse, sexual harassment and emotional wrecks.
Often times we see boys, men & others who are afraid of owning their bodies, identity and sexuality. Boys learning to hold back their tears, because it is forbidden that they should show weakness. We are interested in exploring issues around these boys whose gender have been demonized. Boys, men and others who bury their pains under their skin to become beasts of burden.
Who maul their monsters and inner demons, resist pressures and hide under the smiles of their own sarcasm to become scums, beasts and restless boys, men, effeminate males, LGBTQs. Beings who sometimes wish they were never boys.
Target Group: Writers around the world
Host: Boy Are Not Stone initiative
Deadline: 30 September 2020
Mode of Application: Online Portal
See other opportunities: Visit our archive
Categories open to submissions:
- Poetry: A maximum of one poem per submission. (Maximum of 40 lines)
- Prose: Flash fiction and short stories (fiction/nonfiction) not exceeding 300 words and 2,000 words respectively. (Maximum of two entries per submission)
- Essays, Articles & Reviews: 2500 words maximum. (Maximum of two entries per submission)
The theme of this anthology is centered on the “Anatomy of the Boy child, Men & Others and what both internal and external forces have metamorphosed them into. However, entries exploring issues on abuse, pains, endanger and neglect of the Boy child, Men & Others (including LGBTQs and their relationship with women, mothers, sisters, family, friends and society) may be considered.
- Submissions are open to writers and artists from all parts of the world.
- All submissions must be original intellectual property of the entrants.
- All submissions must be previously unpublished in any form. Entrants are encouraged to send fresh, creative & thought-provoking pieces. Feel free to challenge our imagination!
- All entries must be submitted in a word .doc/Docx format or in form below. Document must be saved with the subject – FOR THE BOYCHILD 2020, the category of the submission and the name of the entrant. E.g. “For The Boy Child 2020, Poetry, Eze Babatunde Musa”
- Entrants should Include a bio not more than 100 words.
- Submission Deadline: 11:59PM, September 30th, 2020.
Before proceeding with submission, download previous issues to have knowledge of what is accepted and published by the editors:
How to submit
Click the the link below to fill the submission form on the portal. Please read the guidelines carefully before attempting submission.
Click here to Fill Submission Form.
AD PACKAGES: Push your business to the face of over 8,000 people from as little as #1,000.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.