|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
Poets in Nigeria (PIN) Initiative has made its call for submission for this year’s edition of her Annual Food Poetry Contest. There is N30,000 cash prize for winners.
The call which was made on the 13th of October invites poets all over the world to explore the theme “What Shall We Eat?” using poetry. Below are other details of the call which is open for a period of one month, from the 13th of October till the 13th of November.
All over the world, the question “What shall we eat, what shall we drink?” has always bothered us. Concerns for food remain the primary need of man from time immemorial. In this edition of PIN Food Poetry Contest, we are interested in hearing your thoughts about food, using the medium of poetry. Use your lines to address the issues of hunger, food production and availability. How do you ask the question “What Shall We Eat… What Shall We Drink?” and how do you provide answers not just to the question as it is, but to the needs of the stomach?
Remember that poetry is the expression of feelings and thoughts. For the purpose of this contest, your ability to deploy poetic devices and beautiful language in the exploration of the theme is key.
The Food Poetry Contest initiative which started in 2013 as Eriata Oribhabor Food Poetry Contest (EOFPC) has produced four grand prize winners – Estrella Gada (2013), Mabel Okpaefi (2014) and Adedayo Adeyemi Agarau (2015/2016) and Adeolu Titus Adekunle (2017). The 2018 edition of the contest produced 13 joint winners, including;
Mbanefo Chibuike, Pamilerin Jacob, Odukoya Adeniyi, Ogedengbe Tolulope Impact, David Holper, Samuel Junior Irusota, Teslim Opemipo Omipidan, Oyekunle Ifeoluwa Peter, Aisagbonbu Success, Joseph Olamide Babalola, Oshafi Abdulrasak, Emmanuel Faith, Njoku Nonso.
The PIN Food Poetry Contest (PFPC) is currently moderated by award-winning writer, librarian and literary reviewer Ebubechukwu Bruno Nwagbo who was a 2018 judge of the contest.
- Open to all poets irrespective of location.
- Submissions must be in line with the theme.
- Entries should make adequate use of imagery appealing to the senses.
- Entries must be previously unpublished in any form.
- An entrant can submit only one poem, with limitless word count.
- Entries must be original, intellectual property of the entrants.
- Entering for the contest gives PIN automatic right to make use of your works as deemed appropriate.
- The total cash prize for this edition of the contest is N30,000 to be shared as 15, 000, N10, 000 and N5,000 among the top three winners.
- Entries will be received between 13th October – 13th November 2020 .
How to Submit
- All submissions must be written in English. Include a glossary section for native terms.
- Submissions should be accompanied by biography, photograph and contact information (name, email address and phone number).
- All Sumissions should be sent as body of the mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For Further information, contact the moderator on +2348171294868.
AD PACKAGES: Push your business to the face of over 8,000 people from as little as #1,000.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.