Deadline: December 10, 2019.
Being the second part of the PenPen African Project, the African Writers Development Trust, in partnership with the Writers Guild Kenya, calls for writers of African descent living in Africa.
This second phase is expected to hold in March 2020, as part of the PenPen Africa Project. This edition is targetted at writers from East and Southern Africa.
PenPen Africa is an African writers’ residency project that will feature twelve select writers from across Africa. The project shall hold in both Nigeria and Kenya and will run from July 1, 2019 till June 30, 2020. This project is funded by Culture at Work Africa and co-funded by the European Union.
Scope of Residency
In order to qualify for this residency, you must be fluent in English and must be a citizen of and resident of countries in Eastern and Southern Africa.
Duration of Residency
10th December, 2019
• To apply, you must be affiliated to an established literary community in your country.
• All applications must be made through and by your literary community.
• All applications must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of the applicant’s international passport (for applicants not resident in Kenya).
• Evidence of your affiliation to a literary community must be provided (said evidence can be in form of images of meetings, flyers of special events hosted by the literary community, etc).
• There is no fee attached to the application.
• Results will be announced on www.writerstrust.org by 20th January, 2020. Successful participants will be contacted via email.
• Upon selection, a return ticket will be purchased in your name and you will be picked on arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi, Kenya.
• The residency will cover feeding and living expenses.
For more information, click here