Deadline: November 9, 2018
Having taken cognizance of the need to preserve our pedigree as the hub of literary creativity, Association of Faculty of Arts Students, University of Ibadan (AFAS) is delighted to announce the call for submissions for the second issue of AFAS Review. This initiative is geared towards creating a viable platform for the integration of works by writers and artists within and outside the university community.
The following categories are open to submissions:
- Prose: flash fiction and short stories not exceeding 300 words and 2,000 words respectively
- Poetry: a maximum of 3 poems per submission
- Essays & Reviews (Books & Movies): 2500 words maximum
- Drama: satires not exceeding 2,500 words
- Artworks/photographs/comics: visuals (in high resolution) portraying nature and traditional values.
- There are no fixed themes. However, entrants should endeavor to explore relevant subject-matter.
- Submissions are open to writers and artists from all parts of the world.
- All submissions must be original, intellectual property of the entrants.
- Submissions should be accompanied with a biography (not more than 100 words) and contact details of the entrant.
- All entries must be submitted via email in a Word Doc. format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject – AFAS REVIEW 2018 and category of submission.
Note: Authors of selected works will receive a complimentary copy of the publication.
Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom
For: AFAS REVIEW Committee
Editor-in-Chief, AFAS PRESS
Director of information, AFAS.