China Student Visa, otherwise called the X visa, the Chinese student visa, is issued to immigrants who come to China for the purpose of study, academic research, or work and study. Student visa for study in China, just like any other destination, is usually very difficult to process.
To get a China Student Visa, however, the applicant should have been offered an admission to study in an approved institution in any of the provinces in China. We feel you might be needing the information on this page as the world is gradually returning to normalcy and China is re-opening her borders for international students.
Types of China Student Visas:
Two types of student visa are usually issued to applicants depending on many factors as would be discussed in this later in the next section. The two types of visa are;
- X1 visa : This type of visa is usually issued for a long-term study having a duration greater than 180 days. It is a first-class student visa for degree students, diploma students and other long-term research students. The default validity period for X1 visa is usually set at 000 and actual validity determined after the applicant have entered China
- X2 visa: This type of visa is such issued for short-term study programmes that is less than 180 days. It is usually issued just for the purpose of the study programme. The validity of X2 visa is 90 days from the date of issue, while the stay duration cannot be more than 180 days.
How to Apply for China Student (X) Visa:
If you are an international student and interested in studying in China, the first step will be to find an organization accredited for offering courses or internships to foreigners so that they will send a JW201 or JW202 form and an admission letter to you. After you have obtained the form, the next is to fill and follow any options as outlined below
- Option 1: You may submit the application by hand to the consulate office of the Chinese embassy in your country, China Visa Application Centers (CVASC) closest to you.
- Option 2: No Power of attorney is required so you can entrust someone else (e.g. friends, relatives), a travel agency or a visa agency to act on your behalf if you can’t come personally.
- Option 3: You may also mail your application to Chinese embassies or consulates and CVASCs. However, note that most embassies will and consulates will not accepted application by mail.
- Option 4: Another option will be by appointment. This may also not be required by most embassies and consulates. But if you are required to submit application to CVASC, you may need to make an online appointment via CVASC’s website and/or download the application form to begin the process.
Some More Detailing on X1 Visa
X1 visa holders will apply for a Temporary Residence Permit from the nearby Exit and Entry Administration inside 30 days upon section into China. The impermanent living arrangement grant can be issued with the legitimacy of as long as 5 years. Archives required incorporate international ID, affirmation notice, JW201 or JW202 structure, Foreigner Physical Examination Record, an enlistment of settlement, and a visa style white-foundation photograph.
Inside the legitimacy of the Temporary Residence Permit, students can go into and out of territory China openly.
At the point when the examination in China closes, X1 visa holders ought to go to the nearby Exit and Entry Administration to drop the Temporary Residence Permit and apply for a 30-day travel visa with zero passage to maintain a strategic distance from issues.
Some More Detailing on X2 Visa:
X2 holders will remain in China within time frame as showed on the visa, and it isn’t important for them to apply for the brief home grant. In the event that they have to extend their X2 visa duration, they may have to go to the nearby Exit and Entry Administration to deal with this issue 30 days before the lapse date.
Document Requirements for China Student Visa (X):
You will be required to provided the following documents when you are applying for China Student Visa (X);
- Passport-size photograph not older six months with at least one blank page.
- Completed Visa Application Form
- Recent Full Size Photo: – Only coloured photo with full face, front view, no hat, and against a plain light background will be accepted.
- Notice of Admission/Offer of Admission Letter from any Chinese University/Institutions.
- JW201 or JW202 Form – required for X1 application only
Application Processing Time:
X visa processing time in a normal setting is 4 working days. However, you may want to make use of the express service and rush service are available to make the process faster. Express Service: 2-3 working days processing
Rush Service: 1 working day processing
Extra charges will apply. The amount of charge apply will depend on which service you use and the location.
- X type visa holders are not permitted to engage in full-time employment but part-time work and internships off campus may be allowed. You should contact you university or employer after you have settled in China to see what can be arranged.
- Students can now apply for the five-year X1 visa depending on their course duration, their passports should have a remaining validity of at least one year if applying for the 5-year X1 visa.
2. You should obtain the JW201 or JW202 form through the school you wish to enrol for your study or your study sponsor. JW201 form is issued to international students dispatched by government or funded by Chinese government scholarships while JW202 is for self-sponsored foreign students.
Source: Travel China Guide
Originally posted 2021-03-02 09:16:40.
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.