|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
Applications are open for the Earth Institute Postdoctoral Research Program 2020-2022. The Earth Institute Postdoctoral Research Program is the premier program in the world for those dedicated to a better understanding of critical scientific and social issues in global sustainable development.
Target Group: Postgraduate scholars
Deadline: 31 August 2020
Mode of Application: Website
About the Program
The program provides innovative Postdoctoral scholars with the opportunity to build a foundation in one of the core disciplines represented within the Earth Institute (i.e. Social, earth, biological, engineering, and health sciences), while at the same time acquiring the breadth of cross-disciplinary expertise needed to address critical issues related to sustainable development. Specific areas of research include food security, energy systems, climate change impacts, poverty reduction, disease, and environmental degradation.
The program offers a unique intellectual surrounding that fosters cross-disciplinary interaction, research and education.
The program hosts a series of activities that explores interdisciplinary issues in sustainable development, bringing the postdoc together as a community, and introduce them to a diverse array of Columbia faculty and researchers
- Spring and Fall Symposia
- Earth Institute Postdoctoral Seminars
- Earth Institute Postdoctoral Retreats and Special Events
- Other Earth Institute Seminar Series
- El Postdocs will receive an annual salary of $67,530 and a research stipend of $12,000 over the two year term for reimbursable expenses related to the appointment.
- El Postdocs are considered Officers of Research and are eligible for benefits provided by Columbia University for full time employees
- Candidates must have received their doctoral degrees within five years prior to the start of the appointment
- People holding positions with rank above Postdoctoral scientist are not eligible
- The program is open to U.S. and non-U.S. citizens
- Minorities and women are encouraged to apply
How to apply
To apply to the program, candidates must submit the following documents;
- Online Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Brief Personal History
- Research Proposal
- Three Recommendation Letters
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.