US Embassy – A diplomatic mission is a group of people from one state or an international inter-governmental organisation (such as the United Nations) present in another state to represent the sending state/organisation officially in the receiving state.
The U.S. Mission in Nigeria provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the role of economic assistant at the US Embassy of Nigeria.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
|APPLY ALSO: Compliance Officer at Interswitch Group
Basic Function of the Position:
- The incumbent undertakes economic research and analysis; writes cables and reports; develops contacts in host government ministries, departments, and agencies, as well as in NGOs, international organizations, and businesses; tracks GoN priorities as well as host country participation in and progress toward USG priorities; develops and engages contacts within USG agencies relevant to the portfolio; delivers demarches; organizes meetings for the Ambassador, DCM and Economic Counselor; briefs Economic personnel on issues relevant to the portfolio; serves as control officer for official visits; represents the Embassy at in-country functions; represents the Economic Section in Embassy committees and working groups.
- The position requires Secret Clearance.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Group here.
- Two years of University Studies is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ of work experience relevant to the major duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Experience demonstrating effective interpersonal engagement and communication skills is required.
- Knowledge of U.S .Government and Department of State structure and operation is required.
|APPLY ALSO: Internal Control Officer at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluency in English language is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good analytical and drafting skills, public speaking and interpersonal skills are required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite is required.
Monthly Salary: #1,717,215
Deadline: September 12, 2022
Support & InsightsDo you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.