In her latest thriller, New York Times bestselling author Tami Hoag takes readers on a suspense-filled ride of shocks and twists leading to an explosive finish. It is the story of an ex-cop, a missing girl, and a killer locked in a race where there can be only one winner—and the losers die trying.... read more of the introductory note here
Below are the 10 breathtaking expressions:
- Life changes in a heartbeat (pg. 1)
- You're always intensely alive the closer you come to looking death in the face (pg. 5)
- Life is strange. I don't want to believe anything is preordained. To believe that, one would have to accept the existence of a visciously cruel higher power in order to explain things like Child abuse and rapists and AIDS and good men being shot death in the line of duty (pg. 7)
- Over and over in my life, I've found that people are amazing, and seldom in good ways (pg. 64)
- We never know the quality of someone else's life, though we seldom resist the temptation to assume and pass judgements (pg. 65)
- People see what they are programmed to see, they seldom look for anything else (pg. 66)
- The male ego is a fragile thing at seventeen or seventy (pg. 94)
- Delegating was something i was sure came quite easily to a man who had spent his entire life shirking any kind of responsibility (pg. 145)
- Conspiracy is the lesser of evils. Conspiracy can always be denied (pg. 207)
- I have never been hindered by the belief that people are basically good. In my experience, people are basically selfisdh and often cruel (pg. 212)
by Micheal Ace
Originally posted 2020-07-29 19:09:27.
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.