|👤 For (Open to): Girls & Women, Undergraduates|
|🕡 Deadline: Jun 24, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|📋 Relevant Links: Scholarships, Studies in Africa, Undergraduate Programs,|
|📌 RSS Feed: Subscribe to Scholarships|
|❓ Help: Chat with an Agent|
|NOT LOGGED IN? LOGIN NOW|
The Funmi Omo Initiative Scholarship for Young Women aims to support underserved female university students who excel in both academics and extracurriculars.
Scholars get an annual scholarship (up to N1,500,000 per academic year), 1-on-1 mentoring with Mrs. Funmi Omo, and access to a high-level network of intellectual peers.
Our mission is to provide promising, young Nigerian women with quality education so that, in turn, they will have an opportunity to positively impact our society.
|SEE ALSO: Gani Fawehinmi Undergraduate Scholarship in Nigeria 2021|
The maiden edition of the Funmi Omo Initiative Scholarship for Young Women was quite unique. The Initiative got over 3000 entries from bright young women from all over Nigeria. We narrowed these candidates down to a shortlist of 19, from which we chose the final 7 scholars who were the beneficiaries.
At first, we set out to benefit 5 young women, but from a crop of extraordinary students, we were hard-pressed to pick 7. The promise of these young women and their potential was not to be ignored.
We are looking for the brightest minds for this second edition. Make sure you put your best foot forward and complete all of the application steps with the utmost detail. The most important thing is, to be honest with your accomplishments and communicate your value clearly.
|SEE ALSO: 2021 Sunday Dare Scholarship Scheme For Undergraduate Students|
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- You have gained admission to the university and can show proof of admission.
- You are between 17 – 28 years.
- You are resident in Nigeria.
- You are willing to commit to one hour of coaching, delivered online, every quarter.
- You show evidence of an excellent result (a minimum of 4.0 GPA) in the previous academic year OR you have recently gained admission and have an admission letter into the university.
- You are an active member of school-sanctioned extracurricular organizations.
- You have a functioning bank account.
|SEE ALSO: OSOPADEC Bursary and Scholarship Awards 2021 for Ondo State Indigenes|
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The sum of N300,000 per student covers school fees and a discretionary allowance for upkeep.
- Personal academic and career coaching to give you an edge in your future professional pursuits.
- Networking with like-minded colleagues and mentors, creating a lifelong network.
About Funmi Omo
Funmilayo Omo or “FO” as she is popularly called, is an experienced insurance professional with over 25 years of experience, and an advocate for youth leadership.
Funmi is credited as the first Managing Director in African Alliance Insurance Plc to champion and successfully execute the rebranding and digital transformation of the company since its inception in 1960, a process she kickstarted less than two years of her tenure as the CEO.
|SEE ALSO: 2021 FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship | $20,000|
How to Apply
- Fill the online form using the Apply Button Below
- Write a cover letter stating your personal career goals and ideas for making Nigeria a better place for young women. This is your chance to present your ideas – dream big!
- Attach your results from the previous academic year(s) and your referee information (one academic referee and one parent/guardian).
|⭐ Apply Next: Study in UK: The Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Fully Funded Scholarship 2021|
Please do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer, employer and/or recruiter unless futher verified from your end. ACEworld will not be responsibe for any scam/fraud. Please stay safe!
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
📵 Read Offline with our Web App
|OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & DEADLINES:|
|» Jun 15, 2021: 2021 Beautiful Ones are Born (BOAB) Competition for Secondary School Students
» Jun 15, 2021: 2021 GOI Peace Foundation International Essay Contest | Over $3000 Cash, Certificates etc
» Jun 16, 2021: 2021 Nasser International Leadership Fellowship For Young Leaders
» Jun 16, 2021: 2021 UNESCO International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD) | $100,000 USD Reward
» Jun 16, 2021: Apply Now: $285,000 in Grant Funding for Digital Inclusion Solutions
» Jun 16, 2021: EduTech Solutions $335,000 Grant Funding | How to Apply
» Jun 16, 2021: Newton International Fellowships for Early Career Scientists to Study in the UK
» Jun 17, 2021: Study in UK: The Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Fully Funded Scholarship 2021
» Jun 18, 2021: NITDA Digital Literacy and Skills Programme
» Jun 18, 2021: The Greek Bicentennial Poetry Pamphlet Prizes | Prize: £10,000
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
|VISIT DEADLINE PAGE|